Sick Goldfish

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Foodie

Sick Goldfish

Post by Foodie »

Is there a Vet that does Fish?
Foodie

Re: Sick Goldfish

Post by Foodie »

whitehillm8 wrote:just flush it down the toilet :roll:

You think thats funny, maybe thats why this is your 2nd post.
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

Yes I have a problem with your ignorance about fish. First I have fish that are over 3 years old.Yes I have a bond with it, It is sick and if I can help it I will. I probably would not help you if you were sick. You are a Troll, please leave your attitude back where ever you came from. Hope to meet you some day.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

whitehillm8 wrote:I think you have taken this goldfish thing too far... Bet you carry your goldfish about with you everywhere you go :P It's just common sence and if you would of researched a bit about gold fish then you would understand their life expectancy and the fact that you cant take a fi.. sorry i can't even finnish that sentence. It's just rediculous. Taking a fish to the vets pahah... Well i guess this is my welcome to thailand then. Just for you i will meet up with you and become sick so you wont help and then ill grab your fish and flush it down for you ok :) ?

I am a qualified fish expert so feel free to contact me or get in touch and i can help the poor fella
urgoldfishisdead@gmail,com
092flu5h1t101
132/7 Down the Toilet

hope to get in touch soon :thumb:
Just a polite suggestion before you take the p+ss out of a perfectly reasonable post, learn to spell and write correct grammar. :cheers:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Foodie thread edited and troll banned.

Just a suggestion maybe PM Terry at the fishing lodge he maybe can answer your questions.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

kendo wrote:Image

Foodie thread edited and troll banned.

Just a suggestion maybe PM Terry at the fishing lodge he maybe can answer your questions.
You might want to edit the quoted posts above, also
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

The many aquarium forums would probably be a far better place to get information or if you are able to communicate in Thai then local aquarium shops may be able to help. If you described the symptoms then you also likely to get some sensible responses. If you really want advice from a vet then perhaps the veterinary university on Petkasem road just south of Hua Hin would be a good place to start.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

We used to know a local fish expert who helped us save many sick fish over the years we had a pond (with Koi, goldfish and occasionally some other types in it), but sadly we seem to have lost his number. He wasn't a vet, but a person who was sort of a fish collector and knew a lot about fish and he would come to our home to look at the symptoms, test the water, etc., usually free, except one time we gave him a fish that he admired and that wasn't getting along with the others (it was of a type that shouldn't be in the same pond or tank with the Koi and goldfish).

I'll keep looking, but I think only the missus had his number in her phone and she has switched phones and sims a couple of times and appears to have lost it.

Also, google is your friend. I was able to diagnose a couple of problems with our fish like certain parasites and strange behavior and make adjustments to the water or add medication for a short time to resolve the problems. There is a plethora of goldfish health information on the internet with many dedicated sites for diagnosing and resolving problems.

Lastly, we found that certain types of goldfish don't have a long lifespan (so yours could just be getting old) and in the end we had only Koi (which do live a long time and grow very big under the right conditions) because as the goldfish died we did not replace them.

And if the troll is still reading, you do get attached to fish as some have individual behavior patterns and personalities. I still miss feeding time at our pond when the fish, some of which were eight years old and others who were born there and we had watched them grow, rushed to the side where we were standing or sitting for their daily meal.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

Thank you to the people with real responses. I have tried the internet and have added epsom salts and the green liquid for a few days, it did not seem to work. The fish just lays on its side on the bottom of the tank. This has been for 3 weeks. It is not that old. I will try the hospital by Banyon. HHF if you find the # let me know.

Sincerely,

Foodie
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Why was a poster banned for saying what 90% of people would have posted... It's a goldfish - flush it. Most don't know that goldfish have feelings. I, for one, thought that foodie was joking (putting his previous posts in the equation) so posted accordingly. It was only when HHFarang posted that I realised it actually wasn't a troll post (from foodie) and realised that goldfish are treated like dogs in certain circles.

It seems to me that we have a trigger happy new moderator on the block. One with no reason, humor or grammar awareness..

Whacha gonna do kendo... Ban me too.

Chill the feck out, apologise to the new poster, reinstate him and start again. Also, read Foodies previous posts.

Bizarre.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLC, you've been around long enough to know not to pollute a thread by questioning Moderator actions. All moderators are very willing to explain their actions, but not by hijacking a thread. If you really need to know, PM the moderator or Admin, and an answer will be provided.

:offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Point taken... I should know better, you are quite right. I just thought it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

After all of this, I hope the goldfish pulls through. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:After all of this, I hope the goldfish pulls through. :D
Not wanting to put a dampener on it, but my father used to be into goldfish - he had some beautiful fish. Regardless of what treatments my father gave them, I don't remember one with the symptoms quoted ever pulling through.

On the other hand, my young niece in Southampton won one at a fair, and it developed similar symptoms almost immediately. It is still (sort of) alive at least 5 years on.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

By 'sort of' what do you mean :shock:.

If it doesn't have quality of life it may be better to flush it dow... I'll stop myself there for fear of offending someone. :D

:cheers:

P.s. I understand pets are pets. Regardless of whether it's a guinea pig or a dog, you get attached to them.