Koi pond

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
spw888
Novice
Novice

Koi pond

Post by spw888 »

I have a koi pond which since installation has had several problems. I sacked the original installer and called in another company of "experts", but every time they say "OK all fixed", a few days later something else seems to go wrong. I have completely lost confidence in both companies.

The second company owner got the raving hump when I told him of the latest problem and told me to "keep and enjoy my money" as he thought it must the most important factor to me - of course he is wrong, all I want is my fish pond fixed properly and don't see why I should pay the small balance owed if it is still not fixed.

I don't want to name the 2 companies and then get accused of being a bitch, but would be grateful if anybody can recommend contact details (Thai or English) for a reliable pond person/company. I will obviously ignore any recommendations for the ones I have already tried, and won't comment or reply other than when I find a really good one and will then reply with an endorsement once everything is fixed.

Very grateful for any recommendations or referrals, thanks
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Koi pond

Post by hhfarang »

It's very difficult to get one right. The builder of the one I used to have did a poor job also and as I couldn't find the expertise in Hua Hin back then I had to go onto the internet for advice. There is a lot of info and forums out there if you search. I finally got mine properly set up but it took a couple of years of research and trial and error.

Maybe someone can help if you write more about your specific problems.

Here's the one we had and when working properly it was a joy to relax and just watch the fish and listen to the waterfall so well worth the effort.
P1000507.JPG
P1000507.JPG (217 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Good luck.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Roel
Guru
Guru

Re: Koi pond

Post by Roel »

There is a Dutch guy who deals with koi ponds. His wife runs the Buchabun Thai Cooking Course. His name is Willem. Have two numbers here. Could be hers, but she speaks perfect English. Worth trying: 081 572 3805 or 083 348 8600.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.