H.H vet teaching hospital appointment

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

H.H vet teaching hospital appointment

Post by usual suspect »

My cat is not well..after visiting 2 vets locally on the Pala-U Rd & my cat is still poorly, I've decided to take her to the training hospital down Pranburi Rd. My Q. is this..Do I have to pre-book before taking my cat here, or is it same as any other vet's practice where you can just walk in..?
(If my cat has cat flu it seems wrong to take her & wait with other cats around).
IF I need to book..can anyone help by providing a phone No. for this place.. :cheers:
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: H.H vet teaching hospital appointment

Post by Bluesky »

As far as I am aware you can just walk in however it may be advisable to check before you go. I have attached a website link that contains phone numbers including emergency and hours of operation. Trust this will provide some guidance and help for you.

http://www.expathuahin.com/pet-care-huahin.php
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Thanks for that info Bluesky :thumb: ..will give them a ring later, & hopefully the family puss will get sorted..

... :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm down there every 3 days with one of my dogs. I can say with certainty that even though we have appointments (ongoing illness), absolutely no appointment is required. It is walk in service. We normally get there by about 8:20 and are on our way home by 9, and that is after queuing, and waiting for our dog to receive an IV drip.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I use this hospital regularly, for both dogs and cats. You do not need an appointment and if you mention your concern about a contagious disease they will have you wait at a place away from other animals. I suggest getting there early to avoid a long wait, I believe they open at 8:30am. I usually arrive around 9am and am usually seen within a half hour. This hospital provides 5 star service, in my opinion, but is a little more expensive than other private Vets, but not excessively so.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Our 3 daily visits, include a doctor, nurse and administration of 1 ltr of fluids, which takes about 20 minutes of their time - the cost varies either 170 or 220 Baht (don't know/don't care why). IMHO incredibly cheap.

Points 41; Position 18
crispernator
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crispernator »

Have to agree with big boy , i had to take me little mate to the vet yesterday here in aus ,to take his temperature ,a look over and 1 anti dehidration needle cost me 150 dollars for about the same ammount of time
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And the experience gets even better - complimentary coffee and drinking chocolate :D

Points 41; Position 18