Looking for Dog Grooming in Hua Hin

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Big Boy

Looking for Dog Grooming in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Our smallest dog, a 14Kg Soi Dog has the worst hair ever when long. We need to get his hair cut regularly.

In the beginning we used to use the shop next door to the vet on the Klong Road, but they stopped trading.

After that we moved to Puppy Love on Soi 55/1? While we've always been happy with their work, parking can be impossible, especially late afternoons when the food market sets up. Mrs BB wants to find somewhere with easier access. Can anybody help please?

I've seen the one in Market Village, but have decided that's a no go judging by the prices charged by the car wash next door.

So, are there any recommendations for a doggy haircut please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Looking for Dog Grooming in Hua Hin

Post by handdrummer »

Check the one in MV before you dismiss them. I don't know what the prices are but it seems that it would be worth asking. You might also try the pet supply place in the Mackro parking lot for a recommendation.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

On the corner of Petch and Soi 104...plenty of parking at the side.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm Check the one in MV before you dismiss them.
I was going to this morning, but we were already on our way out. Maybe tomorrow.
sateeb wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 pm On the corner of Petch and Soi 104...plenty of parking at the side.
Sounds ideal - thank you. I'll nip down there later to check it out. If no good, I'll ask at the MV place.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Perfect, thank you Sateeb. One very unhappy dog being groomed as I type :twisted:

Looking forward to him coming home - he looks completely different, and it always takes 15 minutes for the other 2 to accept him :D

Points 41; Position 18
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

:cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm Check the one in MV before you dismiss them.
Sounds ideal - thank you. I'll nip down there later to check it out. If no good, I'll ask at the MV place.
My wife had used the market village groomers about 18 months ago. At the time they were running a special for a spa wash for 150 b for small dogs which she dealt was a quite reasonable. When my wife dropped the dog (all 3 kg of it!) off they asked where she got it from. She mentioned that it was from Australia.
When we picked the dog up we were presented with an account for just under 500 baht. Had quite a few 'add on's' that were quite unexpected. Special shampoo because she has fine hair, special conditioner, special toothpaste etc all added on. Had we been told from the start we could have made a decision with respect to 'extras' likewise a phone call. I suspect the 'extras' may well have been a new innovative approach to a the 'Farung Tax' with the dog being from Oz. :shock:
Whilst in Bangkok yesterday dropped the dog off to the Vet and groomer in Chongnonsi. Full wash, haircut, nails clipped and Vet check 350 baht.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmm..... I said to Mrs BB to check it out next time we're down there, but you've just changed my mind. Unknown extras can mount up :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The one on the corner of Petch and soi 102 is also a dog hotel which we have used. Very nice people, a vet on staff too.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is there one there? I go that way a lot, and have never seen it. I'll have to keep an eye open.

Time for Google street view. :idea:

[Edit] I've Street Viewed it - are you sure you mean 102?

Points 41; Position 18
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I believe it's on the corner of soi 104 and Petchkasem Rd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's the one we used.

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 pm Is there one there? I go that way a lot, and have never seen it. I'll have to keep an eye open.

Time for Google street view. :idea:

[Edit] I've Street Viewed it - are you sure you mean 102?
it is 104, sorry :oops:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: made me look, anyway :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18