Expat Lodge - boarding kennels

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Expat Lodge - boarding kennels

Post by Lev »

explodge1.jpg
explodge1.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 2258 times

We are pleased to welcome Expat Lodge to HHF.

Take a look at their page and website for all of your canine care and dog boarding requirements:
http://www.huahinmedia.com/expatlodge.php
http://www.expatlodge.com/
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Expat Lodge - boarding kennels

Post by migrant »

Welcome, you are much needed!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm asking this for a friend...........

Has anybody used these guys, and are they any good. The reason for asking is they say their usual kennel, Doggy Paradise has just increased their prices dramatically, and they are seeking an affordable alternative.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, there was no response to my enquiry.

My friend contacted the lodge, and it was all sounding too goo to be true. She had been quoted >27K Baht for a 16 day stay for her dogs at her usual kennel in Mon Mai. Expat Lodge were asking for less than a third Including transportation to and from the Lodge.

It sounds like a no-brainer. However, wanting to be sure her dogs would be safe, she wasn't going to let money be the only driver, she requested the tour of the facility. I was volunteered as driver.

Now, before we move on, I had never been to a kennel in my life, so have nothing to compare with. I will just give my uninformed opinion of what I saw.

Getting there - it is remote. However there is an inexpensive pick-up and delivery service. The same service to the Mon Mai kennel used to cost my friend 800 Baht for less than a Kilometer. Expat Lodge were 700 Baht for a 40 minute journey. Good start.

The kennels - are all brand new, very spacy, well drained and can all be viewed from discreet windows within the heart of the facility without disturbing the residents. From memory, I don't think any kennel overlooked another kennel. I would think each kennel was about the size of the box bedroom in most modern British homes - a lot larger than I would have expected. All very clean.

Control centre - as I've said, all kennels are connected to this, and this housed essentials such as the kitchen and spa room - all spotless.

The grounds - I think were 2 Rai with well cared for grass. I expected, being a kennel, I might have to be careful where I walked, but only saw a lone turd waiting to get me. My friend was concerned about security, but was happy the boundary walls were high enough. This is a development in construction, but nothing that would affect the animal's safety.

The staff - as well as the Australian owner and his Thai wife, there are 2 Thai staff who live on site - both dog lovers.

Walkies - as I said, the location is very remote, but apparently there are 2 abandoned dried out fish lakes just around the corner, which provide excellent dog walking (we did not look).

Extras - one little extra that I think was a little bi special is they are building a pets garden of remembrance, where owners can sit and reflect. He is also building a pets crematorium, but is still haggling with Thai customs over import duties. I've seen the question asked so many times regarding the disposal of your pet's remains. The answer will be here sooner than you expected.

General - this was my first ever kennel visit, but listening to the owner, he knows what he is doing, I think I would be fairly confident leaving my dog there, and as I said in the opening, cost wise, its a no brainer. My friend will save the cost of a flight by choosing this kennel.

I was suitably impressed.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:27 am OK, there was no response to my enquiry.

My friend contacted the lodge, and it was all sounding too goo to be true. She had been quoted >27K Baht for a 16 day stay for her dogs at her usual kennel in Mon Mai. Expat Lodge were asking for less than a third Including transportation to and from the Lodge.

It sounds like a no-brainer. However, wanting to be sure her dogs would be safe, she wasn't going to let money be the only driver, she requested the tour of the facility. I was volunteered as driver.

Now, before we move on, I had never been to a kennel in my life, so have nothing to compare with. I will just give my uninformed opinion of what I saw.

Getting there - it is remote. However there is an inexpensive pick-up and delivery service. The same service to the Mon Mai kennel used to cost my friend 800 Baht for less than a Kilometer. Expat Lodge were 700 Baht for a 40 minute journey. Good start.

The kennels - are all brand new, very spacy, well drained and can all be viewed from discreet windows within the heart of the facility without disturbing the residents. From memory, I don't think any kennel overlooked another kennel. I would think each kennel was about the size of the box bedroom in most modern British homes - a lot larger than I would have expected. All very clean.

Control centre - as I've said, all kennels are connected to this, and this housed essentials such as the kitchen and spa room - all spotless.

The grounds - I think were 2 Rai with well cared for grass. I expected, being a kennel, I might have to be careful where I walked, but only saw a lone turd waiting to get me. My friend was concerned about security, but was happy the boundary walls were high enough. This is a development in construction, but nothing that would affect the animal's safety.

The staff - as well as the Australian owner and his Thai wife, there are 2 Thai staff who live on site - both dog lovers.

Walkies - as I said, the location is very remote, but apparently there are 2 abandoned dried out fish lakes just around the corner, which provide excellent dog walking (we did not look).

Extras - one little extra that I think was a little bi special is they are building a pets garden of remembrance, where owners can sit and reflect. He is also building a pets crematorium, but is still haggling with Thai customs over import duties. I've seen the question asked so many times regarding the disposal of your pet's remains. The answer will be here sooner than you expected.

General - this was my first ever kennel visit, but listening to the owner, he knows what he is doing, I think I would be fairly confident leaving my dog there, and as I said in the opening, cost wise, its a no brainer. My friend will save the cost of a flight by choosing this kennel.

I was suitably impressed.
These are the type of articles that are invaluable for helping people who need specific advice on a given subject - we’ll done BB.........not for the first time either.
raeside3
Amateur
Amateur

Post by raeside3 »

Hi
Tried to find Expat Pets yesterday. Went from Pranburi end as we were there. Got completelt lost in the rain tomato padocks and pineapples. Do you think you could give me some directions from HH. GOOGLE maps got us lost.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

raeside3 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:24 am Hi
Tried to find Expat Pets yesterday. Went from Pranburi end as we were there. Got completelt lost in the rain tomato padocks and pineapples. Do you think you could give me some directions from HH. GOOGLE maps got us lost.
Did you open the first post of this thread where Expat Lodge introduced their services, including a link that shows their location http://expatlodge.com/location/
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

raeside3 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:24 am GOOGLE maps got us lost.
Doubt if giving directions would help, if lost using GM, as way too easy to find, and less than 10 mins off PhetKasem: https://goo.gl/xoAwhh

StreetView just about takes you to their front door.

Did you call them when in the area ??? Surely they would send someone to meet you at a local landmark.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You are correct, it isn't easy to find. I will try to get you in the general area. The owner is very helpful, but a sign at the final turning would be even more helpful :D . The owner will come to find you, if you get lost.

I travelled South from Hua Hin. Drove through Pranburi and turned left at the 3rd (last) set of traffic lights. I drove on that road until I came to the major roadworks at the railway crossing. I turned right immediately before the railway crossing and went down that road for what seemed to be a couple of miles. Not long after a school on the left there is a turning on the right with a couple of signs in Thai (no idea what they said). It looks like 2 very narrow roads going in the same direction - take the 2nd (furthest one) and just stay on that road (you'll think you're going to drop off the edge of the world :D ). When you get there, you can't miss it - a very grand entrance gate, with Expat Lodge written on it.

Points 41; Position 18
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:44 amuntil I came to the major roadworks at the railway crossing. I turned right immediately before the railway crossing and went down that road for what seemed to be a couple of miles.
From that turn (RR), it's just over 1 mile (1.6 km) away. https://goo.gl/X1LwkA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa, a country road, driving slower, seems further :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

It happens, especially that road, and looking all of one lane ish, and that's being kind....555
raeside3
Amateur
Amateur

Post by raeside3 »

Big Boy
Thank you so much. Most appreciated 🙏🏼