agent for a magician

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
zirko1
Novice
Novice

agent for a magician

Post by zirko1 »

Hello,

my name is Cyril, I am a french magician, travelling the world with my shows, I'm looking for an agent in thailand, especially in Hua Hin

pay 30% per shows or 80 dollars minimum
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: agent for a magician

Post by dtaai-maai »

You really need to do some research, Cyril. Getting permission to work here is an extremely complex process. Also, you're unlikely to find a theatrical agent on a local forum.

Surely there is some kind of international forum for magicians where you could ask for advice?
This is the way
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: agent for a magician

Post by JamesWest »

zirko1 wrote:Hello,

my name is Cyril, I am a french magician, travelling the world with my shows, I'm looking for an agent in Thailand, especially in Hua Hin.

pay 30% per shows or 80 dollars minimum
Cyril,
Many "jobs" are restricted for non Thais here. Very rare to see foreigners on stage doing anything a Thai can do, or any kind of work except corporate big business management or a highly specialized skill.

however, Madonna is playing in Bangkok, so I don't know where the line is drawn. Are you a big name that can only do your act? or are you just a guy performing in hotels and nightclubs?

You will also need to get the proper visa and then work permit. the process can be very long and if you are traveling or changing places of employment you may have a lot of paper work to do. There are work permits for musicians who are traveling and need to add addresses.

There is no “freelance” work permit, you must be sponsored by a company.

Volunteer work requires a work permit. you cannot perform for free.

also you will not be allowed to set up or carry your equipment, because that is a job a Thai can do.

sorry to sound negative, but not as easy as just showing up and working. good luck and feel free to ask more questions.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.