Wanted: Cheap Air Conditioner(s)

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
6 degrees
Rookie
Rookie

Wanted: Cheap Air Conditioner(s)

Post by 6 degrees »

Hello,

I am in the process of moving into a 3 storey townhouse, and there are no A/C units in the place. So, I am in need of 2 air conditioners. I put emphasis on CHEAP... yes they need to be CHEAP. Used ones are OK, as long as working and have all parts.

I don't need both of them right away.. can be one at a time. Let me know what you have.

Thanks.
6 degrees
Rookie
Rookie

Follow-up

Post by 6 degrees »

I will follow this question up for anyone that may be in the need for an air-con in the future.

There is a shop about 20 meters before the Y-section of road in front of the Hua-Hin Wat (about 3 or 4 shops down from Swensens Ice Cream) that sells a lot of used electronic stuff like TV, fridges etc...

They have brand new 12,000 BTU air-cons for about 9,800baht. Installation runs about 1,500 baht.

I picked-up a used air-con (about 10 years old) Daiken floor model. I payed 6,500 for it (installation included) so figure about 4,000 for the aircon. It is a 12,500 BTU model. Some may question this purchase.. but it was damn cheap and has been working fine. Plus the thing is made out of sheetmetal and not cheap plastic..

Plus just like an old car, it is easy to work on. No circut boards, and microprocessors..

If you are in need of an Air-con but are strapped for cash, then give them a visit.

The installation was also well done.