Travelling from Phuket to Hua Hin?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Gary
Rookie
Rookie

Travelling from Phuket to Hua Hin?

Post by Gary »

Advice wanted please.

Will be travelling from Phuket to Hua Hin on the 11th February.

Can't make my mind up whether to fly to BKK and then onto HH, or get a VIP coach from Phuket.

The bus will be cheaper and take longer, but at least I will get to see some of the country side instead of flying over it.

The plane will be quicker, despite hanging round the airport, not sure how long it takes or how easy it is to get from BKK airport to Bus Station and then onto HH.

If anyone has done this trip, would be pleased to hear there opinion.

Cheers,

Gary
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Did it once by bus some years ago. The buses used to leave Phuket at around 15.00-17.00 so you don't have that many hours to enjoy the scenery. Not much chance of reading either as they turned off the lights pretty early.
If you decide to do that, check out whether the bus will actually go through Hua Hin. Ours didn't, we had to get off at Pranburi and at 04.00 it wasn't much fun as there were no buses or taxis to take us to Hua Hin. Had to hang around for couple of hours and then got to Hua Hin at about 06.00 in the morning. I wouldn't do it again. :roll:
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've done it both ways, time wise there isnt much difference when you add it all together. As BG said you can get a VIP bus from Phuket town to Hua Hin, it takes around 7-8 hours and will go through the night arriving at about 02.00. Also as BG said - make sure it stops in Hua Hin and doesnt dump you on the bypass, costs about 750 baht.

The flight takes just as long once you travelled to the airport, waited around, flown to Bangers and then got a minivan to HH (don't think you can fly at the moment unless you take the Evason Cessna costing about 3 grand and leaving at unsociable times), costs around 2,800 (six months ago)

Either way its a pain in the butt of a journey (unless you drive yourself).