Phuket Airlines

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
maimeepom
Rookie
Rookie

Phuket Airlines

Post by maimeepom »

I know you have discussed the merits of Phuket Airlies in you forum before, but in the last 3 weeks they seem to have incurred numerous legthy delays on their Bangkok to London gatwick route. one delay was 36 hours , and they have cancelled the flight twice. The last time being the 27th of Feb. Does anybody know what is going on? Are they suffering technical delays, or are they just consolidating flights.? I know many local residents use them because of their competitive fares. Has anybody been caught up in their recent problems?
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

The 36 hour delay was, apparently, caused by a fire in the wing. My mate was on the flight. All Pax put up in good hotels in Bangers, but still darned inconvenient. Also told the staff were poorly trained.

They don't seem to have any resilience when things go wrong!

They are getting themselves a bad reputation - see http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/phuket.htm

I must say that I would not consider using them from UK at present.

Peter
maimeepom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maimeepom »

Thanks Pete,

Yes , they are also consolidating. My friend was contacted by them, and asked if he would like to return home 2 days early or 2 days later!/ His outbound journey was delayed by 11 hours.

I am travelling with them soon, and will let know of any events.
cheers
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Phuket Airlines

Post by PeteB »

maimeepom,

I have followed Phutet Airlines for a while, looking for a flight from Gatwick to Bangkok rather than from Heathrow.

The downturn seems more general than Phuket Air - I've had some crap flights this year (BA in particular - "All day Deli" indeed!). I like EVA Air as their Evergreen DL can often cost less than other carriers' economy. In mid January a friend of mine came down to Hua Hin, via EVA at my recommendation. He reckons that the service was very poor and the cabin staff unhelpful. Still waiting for his G&T.

I have heard this about EVA before (on USA flights) but the Eva Air description on http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/eva.htm seems to back this up.

We are booked Heathrow to Bangers mid March by EVA (not coming to Hua Hin this trip) and if we get any problems, I will post on the forum.

:cheers: Peter