Hua Hin to Samui

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Nick NCFC

Re: Hua Hin to Samui

Post by Nick NCFC »

Yes when I first caught the bus it was from the clock tower but ever since the new office opened (as I almost found at great cost) it has been from the new office, they seem to want to keep this a secret! I last did it 3 months ago and it was from the office I assume this is still the case but apologise if not.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Okeydoke, got it now. Confirmed by phone. Thanks both.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I don't know if there's more than one operator providing bus services to Samui, but in April this year my son travelled south from the Lomprayah bus terminal, which I would have thought is more than a km south of the Tessebahn lights.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Lomprayah Bus Terminal - that's a completely new one on me :?

DM, you'd better go back to the drawing board, and phone them again to see if the Lomprayah people know what they're talking about.

I'll just sit back and watch :popcorn:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well, friend is going to Samui via bus (to Chomphon) and fast ferry.
It occurred to me, this being Thailand, that it was more than possible that they had told Mrs D-M the location of the office without adding that the bus didn't stop there, but she has just spoken to them again and that is definitely where you have to go to get on the bus.
This is the way
meross
Rookie
Rookie

Post by meross »

Did the Lomprayah bus/boat trip last month. The "luxury " bus was ready for the scrapheap held together by sikoflex and very cramped legroom and worst of all , a dysfunctional airconditioning system. About 5 hours of hell really. The bus trip back was a little better as we got 2 seats downstairs were there is plenty of room and cold air (recommended) . The boat trip was very good with a very seaworthy boat and plenty of room.
It's a long day and Samui is well worth a visit , but next time I will be taking the car .
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

meross wrote:Did the Lomprayah bus/boat trip last month. The "luxury " bus was ready for the scrapheap held together by sikoflex and very cramped legroom and worst of all , a dysfunctional airconditioning system. About 5 hours of hell really.
I've been contemplating a short trip to Koh Samui for a while, and had decided that it would happen early next year. meross's report has put me right off using the bus, which seemed to be the ideal solution.

If I drive to the ferry port at Chumphon, does anybody know if there is secure parking please?

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, have parked there before, no problems.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Good news - thank you :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18