VERY URGENT!!! Any cheap taxi from Bkk to Hua hin???

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: VERY URGENT!!! Any cheap taxi from Bkk to Hua hin???

Post by Big Boy »

I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. When I arrive from the UK after having paid a considerable amount of money to travel cattle class, I always pay that little bit extra (probably 600 Baht extra on average) for the luxury of a limo.

The way I look at it is that I've paid an arm and a leg for the flight, travel to Heathrow has not been cheap - why not pay an extra £12 to finish the journey in luxury. If I can't afford to pay that little bit extra, what am I doing holidaying in Thailand? In the grand scheme of things, the taxi from Bangkok to Hua Hin is negligible, when compared to the rest of the journey.

OK, its all academic now - I live here :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Marky_Mark

Post by Marky_Mark »

I always use Jing's taxi service. Always near new cars and good drivers.... I use them regardless if i am staying at Jings or not, have even used them for taxi services other than BKK-Hua Hin-BKK route
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

MM

Me the same. Always call Jings and they will arrange pick up and delivery anywhere. I also use Ratee 089 063 2877.

Both offer spotless new vehicles and any size (saloon or minibus) at the same price. Charge is per vehicle not person
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

what time at day do you arrive in bangkok ,because i come from hua hin in very nice taxi whit a good and polite driver about 08.00 morning the same day you need it, so if he not have anything booked on the way back too hua hin you can go with him. :cheers:
Ontherun
Novice
Novice

Post by Ontherun »

[quote][/quote] hi guys can you confirm that the mini bus from Vic Monument is still in operation, coming in Sept
Cheers
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes. Still operational. Cost 180THB one way.
Hezze
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hezze »

No bag: minibus and sky train.
Bags: [Link removed, we have our own taxi services at www.taxihuahin.net]
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

Where can you get the B1800 rate from Bkk (near Saphan Taksin Skytrain) to Hua Hin?
I have looked on the web and they all seem to be around B2200 and up.
I know in Hua Hin I can go to one of the stalls and in January of this year it was only B1500 from Hua Hin to Bkk airport, but I cannot find anywhere to book the journey from Bkk at anywhere close to this price.
There will only be two of us and we do not need a smart set of wheels, although a safe driver is nice.
(I had one to Pattaya who was nice, except he bowed and wai'd every time we passed a temple. :bow: Didn't seem very safe at 130km/h on the autoroute).
Art
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

As mentioned before in this topic you will not get this service online, want a cheap cab just flag one down and ask them.

Want to book online with secure payments, reliable drivers, a decent car, and good service, pay a couple of dollars more and use the website.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

If CHEAPis your need. 1 train to pyathai 2 skytrain to Victory monument, get out exit 2 I think 3 mini bus to HH from about 6.30am to 8pm. Total cost each about 240b
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

How does booking online guarantee a reliable driver ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Artilery
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artilery »

oakdale160 wrote:If CHEAPis your need. 1 train to pyathai 2 skytrain to Victory monument, get out exit 2 I think 3 mini bus to HH from about 6.30am to 8pm. Total cost each about 240b
I was thinking of the minibus, but unfortunately cannot go 3 hours or more without a loo stop and I believe the mini buses do not stop.
I have now read that the coaches make several stops en route and, if they are willing to wait while you go to the loo, then that would be the way to go. I keep trying to check on this, but no one seems able to tell me if this works.
In Malaysia I used a few coaches and they stopped at least every 2 hours, or would even stop if you asked the driver, but I cannot find out if this works in Thailand?
Best wishes to all, Art
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Don't the Thai big buses still have bathrooms on them? The blue/white and before that the orange used to when I was using them. Pete :cheers:
Last edited by PeteC on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

have you considered train?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Don't the Thai big buses still have bathrooms on them? The blue/white and before that the orange used to when I was using them. Pete :cheers:
Do you mean the horse drawn ones, Pete? :rasta:

What happened to the Airport Bus service? Has that folded up? :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!