VISA for CHINA

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Re: VISA for CHINA

Post by ahandpatsy »

pharvey wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04 pm ^

As for tourist visas, you are far better going through an agent. Yes, you pay over the odds, but there is a guy in HK who has done wonders for myself and others in the past with regard to visas. All legal and above board, he simply has his contacts to make things a little faster and easier.

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey do you have any contact details for your visa guy please
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

We got a visa for our overland trip a few years ago. It was more complicated because we weren't flying in or out. They do like to see evidence of a flight in and out, and they want to know where you'll be staying. Mr.VS will remember the details better, so I'll ask him tomorrow (he's in his bedchamber now).

I do remember an awful lot of people at the embassy, and a bit of a wait, but if you have the right paperwork, you don't need to use an agent.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When they open the doors at the Visa dept all the agents are let in first so the lonely single punter has a long wait. They can be very picky. One time I was refused, then quietly sat down and when the next agent was free went to the window a 2nd time and was passed. Be sure to have your return tickets and a hotel reservation. I stay with friends but this is hard to document, I make an online reservation and don't use it.
In Canada, a private company has taken over the work from the Embassy and consulates and it is very slick.