Bangkok, which hotel

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
sean88
Rookie
Rookie

Bangkok, which hotel

Post by sean88 »

Will be landing late evening in Bangkok and decided to spend a few days there instead of traveling direct to Hua Hin as normal. I figure we can make a hotel/bar before 1 am but have never spent ANYTIME in Bangkok.

Is nana plaza the place? What hotels/rooms are recommended for around 1500 baht Friend and I are looking for an area something like the night life area in Hua Hin but if Nana plaza is "over the top" that might be fine for a couple days too!

Any recommendations appreciated in advance !

Cheers,
pharvey

Re: Bangkok, which hotel

Post by pharvey »

Bourbon Street would be a good shout IMHO. Central and to your budget.

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I don't think there's anything else around there in terms of nightlife Pharvey, since they moved to Soi 63. Could be wrong though. Maybe other bars from Washington Square have moved there also...not sure. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote:I don't think there's anything else around there in terms of nightlife Pharvey, since they moved to Soi 63. Could be wrong though. Maybe other bars from Washington Square have moved there also...not sure. Pete :cheers:
I thought the new address was still just a short taxi ride from Soi Cowboy etc.? I guess not from what you are saying :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Cowboy is around Soi 21-23 on the same side of the road as 63 so U-turn required. Perhaps not too bad in a taxi late at night.

For the OP...type "hotels soi cowboy Bangkok" into Google and many will come up. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Do not use them anymore, but the Dynasty Inn in Soi 4 is convenient and reasonable price. There are 2 of them, one just a few metres from Nana, the other, and better one, a couple of hundred metres up Soi 4. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Isn't the Nana area now primarily Arab and Nigerian? I know there's been some massive drug busts and illegal immigrant roundup's there. The OP should be aware of the atmosphere there. Pete :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Isn't the Nana area now primarily Arab and Nigerian? I know there's been some massive drug busts and illegal immigrant roundup's there. The OP should be aware of the atmosphere there. Pete :cheers:
From what I know of it that part of Nana is on the Soi 3 side, not the Plaza. There has been a recent big effort to renovate Nana Plaza by the new lease owners, but scams exist everywhere, so I doubt that one area has much difference to another in that regard.
Security has been tightened at Soi Cowboy by all reports, but the hotels, apart from short time ones in that area, are more up market. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Marky_Mark

Post by Marky_Mark »

I have stayed at both Solo Hotel and Amari Residence in Soi 2 in my transit's to Vientiane & Hua Hin
Soi 2 is a very short walk to Nana Plaza, however jump in a cab and go to any number of clubs which will just be cranking at 1am.. places such as Spicy, Bossy, CM2, Mixx, Spasso.
The taxi should take you for free as they usually collect 100 baht for dropping you off at Spicy & Bossy.
CM2 usually gets started from midnight onwards and you will find a mix of Thai & Russian *friends* to mingle with.

Upper class night clubs are QBar, Bed Supper Club around the Soi 11 area.

Hope this helps.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Federal Inn
Soi 11
Around 1300 baht

Can drink and eat on this soi. They have a nice pool, breakfast is included if you ask and they do not mind guests. This place has been around a long time. They have newer rooms and older rooms. Both are fine but the older section seems quieter to me. You can lounge around the pool from early morning and ordering drinks and food poolside is no problem.

Leaving the hotel you hang a right onto soi 11 and can walk to sukhumvit where the stairs to the sky train are located. You can also walk to Nana no problem. The best way to walk there is to cross sukhumvit at the sky train at the end of soi 11. This way you bypass the soi 3-7 area. This is where the lady boys and Nigerians all hang out on the street doing what they do. If you are on the side of sukhumvit with even numbered soi's it seems a little easier to walk and less bad news hanging around on the streets.
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

A place I stay at regularly and would thoroughly recommend is the Check Inn Regency Park at
12/3 Soi Sainamthip on Sukhumvit 22.
Cost about 1000baht if booked through Agoda (also recommend).
Plenty of bars and cheap restaurants around and its just off the Skytrain.
lagojardin

Post by lagojardin »

forgot to mention, its about 4 stops up from Nana..
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

No one has mentioned the Nana Hotel directly opposite the Nana Plaza, a Bangkok institution? First stayed there in 81 on my first visit to Thailand what an eye opener, the disco in the basement was called the "Love Club". Lived there full time or 3 months in 2000.
sean88
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sean88 »

Hey thx fella's for the informative replies. What a great site and what a great place Hua Hin, ill be spending a month there after the few days in Bangkok so i might see some of u arseholes when im over there... JOKE !

Looks like it might be even a bit less that 1500 baht a night for a decent room ... BONUS ! I thought bangkok was much more expensive... thx for the "heads up"

Always thought Bangkok was just too big a city but after half a dozen trips to beautiful Thailand im kind of excited to spend a few days there !

Ill make an honest effort to post some feedback of where I stay. I have generally been taking advantage of all the great info on sites like this and never "feeding back" Im an arsehole too ... !

Cheers !
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

The Narry Nana Sukhumvit Soi 11 open soon, and offer a good discount.
3* room for 1163 Baht. Good price, good location, and you can book over Hua Hin Afterdark -that´s perfect.
:-)

http://r24.org/huahinafterdark.com/bang ... y/&cur=THB
Greets,
Phyton