Mega Bang Na

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Mega Bang Na

Post by Nereus »

If you really cannot find it in Hua Hin and want to go to Bangkok, but avoid the congestion, here is an alternative. Easy run from Hua Hin via the ring road, hwy 9, way to the Airport. It is attached to Ikea and is seriously HUGE. As a shopping centre it is very unique in the way it has been built. Circular like a doughnut in shape, two levels and very easy to get around and find what you may be looking for. It has just about everything including an ice skating rink, and several movie theaters with ENGLISH soundtracks.

Some big shopping centres in Thailand are nothing short of ridiculous the way they have been built. In fact, a couple that I have been in are complete fire traps, and difficult to move around in.

That big intersection at Bang Na that has been mentioned before is a bit daunting, but it is well sign posted. Enough parking for 8,000 cars they claim. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Re: Mega Bang Na

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Nereus

I had been to Mega Bang Na as well and can agree with your Observations this place is truly good designed the round shape makes the Mall seemed to be bigger than it's usually is. And with it amenities it can easily compete with the Malls in the inner City.

There is possibly good news for us living down here at the west side of the Rim Nereus. Ikano Thailand the official firm for Ikea in Asia is teaming up with SF development to jointly build 2 new community complexes. According to this article of the Bangers Post from last week!!!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ret ... or-bangkok

If that's the case then it means 1 hour and 50 Min. Drive from Hua Hin for some serious Entertainment and shopping pleasure in the suburbs of Bangkok without having to enter Downtowm for Some Action.
And if the Second & third Mall is that Good Designed like Mega Bang Na i'm sure People from the burbs will come and Shop there!!!

Your's The understudy
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”