Travel to Hua Hin from Rayong

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Bob.G
Novice
Novice

Travel to Hua Hin from Rayong

Post by Bob.G »

Hello
Ok this is my first post so I hope I get this correct .
Next January my wife and I am travelling from Uk to Rayong for a few days (because we have never visited there)
Then I want to come to the Hua Hin area for a few weeks (because we have been before).
However where I need advice is on how best ( speedwise and budgetwise )do I get from Rayong to Hua Hin .
Thank you
Bob
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Travel to Hua Hin

Post by huahin4ever »

Bob.G wrote: However where I need advice is on how best ( speedwise and budgetwise )do I get from Rayong to Hua Hin .
Thank you
Bob
Those two things are not compatible!

The fastest, but most expensive, is your own private taxi/minibuss/private car.

Slower, but much cheaper will be buss and/or train.

Enjoy your trip.
YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There is really no cheap direct route that I know of, and I'm from the Rayong side. I think you'll have four choices and they get complicated:

1) Hire a car from your Rayong hotel and go direct.

2) Public transport (either big bus or mini van) to Pattaya, then maybe get the "Sprinter" van from the Dusit Hotel to the Dusit in Hua Hin. Look up the Dusit on the internet and you should find references to their sprinter service Pattaya>Bangkok>Hua Hin and reverse.

3) Public transport to Bangkok either big bus to the Eastern Bus terminal or Southern Bus terminal and big bus onward to Hua Hin, or mini van to Victory Monument, then onward via mini van to Hua Hin.

4) Rayong to the airport then find the various modes of transport from there to Hua Hin. This may be the easiest as getting to the airport from Rayong should be easy. Vans, buses, taxis, hotel cars going all the time, about a 60-90 minute trip.

When you check into your Rayong hotel you need to talk to them about the best and most economical method. The hotel front desk people will be able to help you. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
armycw4ret

Post by armycw4ret »

Pattaya to Airport via big airport bus and then same company airport bus to Hua Hin. Comfortable, cheap and not as crazy as doing the mini bus route. www.airporthuahinbus.com is the website.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Totally agree with the last post. Airport bus from Pattaya to airport and then the airport bus to Hua Hin. Very comfortable and very safe. Taking those minivans is a nightmare that I will never go through again. Crammed in with no leg room and getting driven by a mad man! No wonder you see so many fatal accidents in those vans!
Even if you want to go from Hua Hin to Bangkok, you shouls still take the airport bus and then the rail link back into Bangkok.
Bob.G
Novice
Novice

Re: Travel to Hua Hin from Rayong

Post by Bob.G »

Thank you all for your suggestions.
At your advice we shall definitely not go the minivan route .
Sounds as if bus to and from Airport is best way to go.
Am very grateful for the swift response .
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you're still around Bob look at the below link. We've talked about the "Yellow Bus" on here before but only in the context of Hua Hin >< Bangkok, Hua Hin<> Samui. It seems it goes much further and Rayong <> Hua Hin is on the list at a reasonable price, even for a VIP bus. This has to be the quickest and most direct method, avoiding any transfers at the airport or in Bangkok. Pete :cheers:

http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/home.php
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bob.G
Novice
Novice

Post by Bob.G »

Thnks again the Yellow bus seems like a good option.