Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Post by caller »

Anyone following this? You know, the one we can't comment on. Well it's up and running, as are they, and it's really good. The very last entry (I think), was about a bus at 13.05, well it was meant to be, but wasn't. It was funny.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not really sure what that cryptic message means but its all on their own blog which has been posted several times in this thread: http://henryandlinda.weebly.com/day-three.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

What an exiting trip. I wish you a happy and safe journey.
Bon voyage!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:Anyone following this? You know, the one we can't comment on. Well it's up and running, as are they, and it's really good. The very last entry (I think), was about a bus at 13.05, well it was meant to be, but wasn't. It was funny.
I've just read the blog for the first time from beginning to end (well last night which was Cambodia) and it's fascinating stuff and no doubt there will be plenty of "adventures" to report over the coming couple of weeks. Keep up the good work Henry and Linda.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

I've just read the blog for the first time from beginning to end too, and it will certainly be interesting to follow these people. Well written, many details, it will be very instructive.
If it was possible, I would like to ride back home on my favourite motorcycle, but I know it is hardly possible as an independant and lonely rider....
Congratulations to Henry and Linda and good luck all the way !
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

buksida wrote:Not really sure what that cryptic message means but its all on their own blog which has been posted several times in this thread: http://henryandlinda.weebly.com/day-three.html
It was really a reminder that they are on their way and that the blog is up and running with daily reports. If you'd read the blog, you would have got the cryptic bit (but I don't do cryptic well)!
Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^I puzzled over it a bit myself, but the reference is to the fact that you can't post a comment on the blog.

Good luck, H & L, with you in spirit(s) all the way! x
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

dtaai-maai wrote:^^I puzzled over it a bit myself, but the reference is to the fact that you can't post a comment on the blog.

Good luck, H & L, with you in spirit(s) all the way! x
Actually good they cut any comment capability. All they would be doing is reading and answering. Finding it very interesting so far and looking forward to the next installment. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I am really enjoying the blog also. Like Pete am looking forward to the next instalment.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Love the map too

Keep it coming
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Note for Henry:

Please remove teacher pens from breast pocket - you're on holiday!! :laugh:
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think they're going overland from Saigon to the north, then across the VN border into China. That could be a tense experience with VN and China squaring off about the island dispute. Let's see what their experience is when crossing the border in a few days. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't slit the plastic a bit and sample some of the fruit in that box before they get to Hanoi! A piece or two is fair payment for the space it takes up in a cabin they've paid for.

Also, where and what is the bathroom? Is there a shower? That may be an entire chapter by itself. :laugh: Good stuff :thumb: Pete :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

A riveting ongoing report. So well put together too. Well done both of you. I'm sure there are many like me who click daily on their saved bookmark checking on your progress. VS was certainly enjoying herself in fits of laughter in your carriage as you departed from Saigon (HCMC).

Gotta be the foundation for a book at the end of the day
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

richard wrote:A riveting ongoing report. So well put together too. Well done both of you. I'm sure there are many like me who click daily on their saved bookmark checking on your progress. VS was certainly enjoying herself in fits of laughter in your carriage as you departed from Saigon (HCMC).

Gotta be the foundation for a book at the end of the day
Why stop there, a block buster of a film is more worthy of such adventurous spirits - great reporting of events and such an experience - how many more days of enjoyment do we have until you cross the Channel?