Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Re: Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Post by PeteC »

A quote from their blog: "Radio Stars?

Yikes! We have been contacted by the local BBC radio station in Suffolk who want to interview us about our trip.

We will apparently be on the Lesley Dolphin show on BBC Radio Suffolk at about ten past one this afternoon (13.10 UK time 30th June - about ten past seven this evening if you are in Thailand). You should be able to listen to it live on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiosuffolk and there is a 'listen again' feature there somewhere which means that you can listen to us every day for the next week if you really, really want to..."

I went to the link, found "listen again", and the show, but it's 3 1/2 hours long apparently inclusive of many things. Buffering here is slow so impossible to try to find the interview. If anyone in the UK finds it, please give us the minute number for when their interview starts. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

prcscct wrote:A quote from their blog: "Radio Stars?

Yikes! We have been contacted by the local BBC radio station in Suffolk who want to interview us about our trip.

We will apparently be on the Lesley Dolphin show on BBC Radio Suffolk at about ten past one this afternoon (13.10 UK time 30th June - about ten past seven this evening if you are in Thailand). You should be able to listen to it live on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiosuffolk and there is a 'listen again' feature there somewhere which means that you can listen to us every day for the next week if you really, really want to..."

I went to the link, found "listen again", and the show, but it's 3 1/2 hours long apparently inclusive of many things. Buffering here is slow so impossible to try to find the interview. If anyone in the UK finds it, please give us the minute number for when their interview starts. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Pete, I'm in the UK and have just listened to the radio interview with Henry and Linda. It starts 40 minutes into the programme and lasts just under 10 minutes. Obviously if you've been following the blog there aren't too many surprises, but well worth a listen :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thanks Dannie :thumb: I'll get to it after the football. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hope they got paid - they're meant to be on their hols! :laugh:
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm enjoying the blog, but I'm a slow reader - half way through Kazakhstan at the moment :oops:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Yes, it was interesting to hear the interview. If you want to hear it go to "listen again" then on the bar drag along about a quarter up to 39/40 -48 or thereabouts where it ends.

What I find amazing is how quickly it all went with the trip.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0213g6v

Michael Portillo used the old Bradshaw's railway guides, it is a good programme to catch up on if you enjoy railway trips.

I think Henry & Linda's trip was so interesting. Hope they will do more on their next holidays! Maybe write a guide to travellers, giving tips for each step.
:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hi VS, I was talking to a friend earlier today about your great adventure (he's thinking of doing something similar). He basically thinks it's a case of buying a ticket, and it will be plain sailing. I told him to read your blog, but when I tried to access it, it wasn't there any more. Is your adventure online still anywhere please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18