Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Nakhon Pathom to UK overland trip

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: how many more days of enjoyment do we have until you cross the Channel?
I think it's about 8 weeks, including a couple of brief stopovers. If you change the scale of the map so that you can see the UK, you can see how very (un)far they've travelled in a week!

Incidentally, have you seen the size of Kazakhstan? It must be about the size of Western Europe! :shock:
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: how many more days of enjoyment do we have until you cross the Channel?
I think it's about 8 weeks, including a couple of brief stopovers. If you change the scale of the map so that you can see the UK, you can see how very (un)far they've travelled in a week!

Incidentally, have you seen the size of Kazakhstan? It must be about the size of Western Europe! :shock:
I've just checked back on some earlier posts and it's just short of 5 weeks 10/5 to 12/6, so still plenty of interesting reading to look forward to
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Good reports still coming in, with some great photos. They have an internet connection of course, but it seems they may not know about events here. Not even the smallest of comments. Perhaps the great firewall blocks those sort of things. Anyway, next stop Beijing. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yes, it's become an essential daily read!
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

caller wrote:Yes, it's become an essential daily read!
Yes it does! I am hooked too :) I read the blog just before going to sleep :) Then I can dream I am travelling somewhere exotic... 8)
It's really interesting, great with photos, really gives an insight to the trip.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When they get back I'll have to remember to ask them how they did laundry? 18 days now and I can only remember them being in a hotel for 2 nights once (I think) where they may have had an opportunity to get things done. Challenging trip in many aspects, and laundry is one of them! :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm curious as to why Henry dresses as if he was still at work! He obviously doesn't do jeans!

But it's a great blog to follow.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Up to day 33 now. I sit back and ponder if I could do what they're doing and I have my doubts. Those train trips and endless hours would have killed me. I'm sure they have the white cliffs of Dover firmly in mind now and wishing they were there. I'll miss the daily journal though once all is finished. :D Pete :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

You have to admire how the blog has been kept up to date and is always entertaining.

The music on the map is beginning to grate though! :D
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It's day 35 and Henry and Linda have arrived back in Blighty and it seems that (Henry at least) is feeling somewhat glum at the prospect of no train journey tomorrow. But it seems that their adventure is not quite yet over, so a few more reports to follow regarding their stay in the UK. Great stuff!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Dannie Boy wrote:It's day 35 and Henry and Linda have arrived back in Blighty and it seems that (Henry at least) is feeling somewhat glum at the prospect of no train journey tomorrow. But it seems that their adventure is not quite yet over, so a few more reports to follow regarding their stay in the UK. Great stuff!!
I can understand that 'flat' feeling. 5 weeks of many miles of different countries, cultures and all things new and now they are back in all too familiar surroundings. Great adventure though. I wish I had the stamina and guts to do such a trip.

No doubt when they finally get back to work in Thailand they are going to be inundated with all sorts of inquisitive questions from their students whose minds must be boggling.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I have really enjoyed this trip. It is amazing how quickly the time went, just over a month and your there!
I have read the blog most nights before sleeping, it was something I looked forward to every night, saying to myself "I wonder where they are now?"
I wish I was younger and had the courage to do such a trip.
Such lovely pictures, always smiling :)
Thanks so much H & L for letting us share your amazing journey. Glad you arrived safely.
Maybe give us a little more on your trip up to Scotland? I think you said it was Scotland, after L 's Mothers....not sure?
:cheers: Well done! Thanks :)
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Henry's mother :cheers:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Dannie Boy wrote:Henry's mother :cheers:
I think they met Linda's mum first? In the blog it said..."From there it was a short car ride to Linda’s mother’s home".

Anyway...there is more :) Going to read tonight :wink:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Siani wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:Henry's mother :cheers:
I think they met Linda's mum first? In the blog it said..."From there it was a short car ride to Linda’s mother’s home".

Anyway...there is more :) Going to read tonight :wink:
Maybe I misread your comment Siani, it's Henry's mother who lives in Scotland which is what I was referring to.