Getting from Bangkok to Hua Hin by Mini Van

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
joeteo21
Novice
Novice

Getting from Bangkok to Hua Hin by Mini Van

Post by joeteo21 »

Hi I am coming to Hua Hin from Bangkok City. Can i know where i can take the Mini van to Hua Hin and where roughly is the right place to go and take the Minivan transport to Hua Hin. Please advise.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Getting from Bangkok to Hua Hin by Mini Van

Post by bsdk1960 »

victory monument.

:cheers: :cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

From Victory Monument, there are several mini-van operators going to Hua Hin from there so just ask anyone on a ticket stand for the exact directions to a departure point.
http://www.globaltravelmate.com/asia/th ... ument.html
joeteo21
Novice
Novice

Post by joeteo21 »

Thanks of the reply.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

180bt per person, dont sit on the back row as it makes for a very bumpy journey
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Take the sky train to VM. Exit station by walking back towards the way you have come, exit on the left side. Go down stairs, make a Upturn, about 50m
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

blue05 wrote:180bt per person, dont sit on the back row as it makes for a very bumpy journey
Don't sit in the front seat as it makes for a frightening ride unless you close your eyes.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

If you're not feeling suicidal don't sit anywhere. In fact don't go anywhere near a minibus. Get the sky-train to the Airport then the VIP bus to HH. Not much more money, safer and very comfortable
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

I done the reverse trip once. I'm a bit of a crazy driver my self so some of the stunts didn't bother me. All the luggage stacked up to the roof was a concern. In the event of real heavy braking situations any body near the back would suffer head or neck injuries from the flying luggage. The VIP bus looks the best cheaper option if you don't want to stretch to a taxi.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

richard wrote:If you're not feeling suicidal don't sit anywhere. In fact don't go anywhere near a minibus. Get the sky-train to the Airport then the VIP bus to HH. Not much more money, safer and very comfortable
I used the VIP bus a few times but the thing that bugged me was it was taking nearly 4 hours to the airport, add to that nearly another hour to BKK central depending on when a skytrain lefy and its a long journey, the minibuses get you into the centre of town in 2 and half to 3 hours max, just makes more sense for me as get more time in BKK to do business
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have found HH to asok in bkk
VIP bus-- a little under 4 hours
Minibus --- a little under 3 and a half hours
joeteo21
Novice
Novice

Post by joeteo21 »

Hi. .. given the current protest going on at Victory Monument, is the mini-van service still operating? ? And is there are place where I can take the mini-van to Hua Hin. I do not want to get caught in the crowd of the protestors.

Please advise, anyone with latest news is greatly appreciated. I am coming bkk on 29 May and go HH on 31 May.
joeteo21
Novice
Novice

Post by joeteo21 »

oakdale160 wrote:I have found HH to asok in bkk
VIP bus-- a little under 4 hours
Minibus --- a little under 3 and a half hours
Dear oakdale160

please kindly advise on how you get to Hua Hin by mini-van at Asok. Where is the exact location to take the mini-van.

Best regards.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Sky train to victory monument. Turn right at 2nd level, exit on left, turn left at street level.minibuses about 50m away.
joeteo21
Novice
Novice

Post by joeteo21 »

But there is protests there now at Victory Monument, is the bus services still running ? ?