Koh Tao info ...

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Burger
Ace
Ace

Koh Tao info ...

Post by Burger »

Koh Tao, planning on going in March but want to check a few things. Found some useful info on here but wonder if anyone who's actually been (notice Buksida and JW have), could give info on the following:

1) Are the beaches, sea etc as good as they look on the various Koh Tao websites ? Or are they full of jet skis etc ?
2) Is it teeming with backpackers walking round like they just discovered it, or is it a place where you can chill out and relax a bit ?
3) Is Sairee beach the best beach to go to for decent accommodation, restaurants, beach bars etc ?

Cheers for any info,

Burger
buksida

Post by buksida »

Have been there several times and always enjoy it. In answer to your questions:

1) Yes, beaches down there are pretty stunning, the best in my opinion are on the far side of the island where you can just walk into an aquarium off the beach and be surrounded by fish.

2) Yes and yes, there are a lot of backpackers down there, the place makes me feel old at 30 but you can find nice out of the way places to chill out.

3) Sairee beach is the busiest with the biggest concentration of bars, guesthouses and restaurants.

Try the following links for more info:
Koh Tao dive sites
Koh Tao hotels and resorts

Let me know if you need any more specific info.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Thanks Buks will check those sites out.

Bit dissapointed at having to wait a whole 11 minutes to get all the information I was after though!! :D
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Burger,

I would have told you very similar!!!!!!!

Cheers