British community mall in Bangkok - Pickadaily

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

British community mall in Bangkok - Pickadaily

Post by hhfarang »

I know you Brits really miss home, :D , and soon you can have a taste of it right in Bangkok with everything except the weather! :cheers:

"An all British themed mall with family run restaurants, a music studio, shops and a soon to open British pub.
article_6944f4de-f07c-4160-9e82-e5b804105fad.jpg
Along the congested Sukhumvit 77 road in On Nut, an area of mostly local Thais, a British community mall has suddenly popped up. Situated between On Nut Soi 37 and Soi 39, this open-air British avenue just outside A-Space’s condo complex is proving to be popular among the locals and expats alike.

Expect monthly markets to fill the courtyard space, worth visiting on a market weekend Pickadaily Bangkok, owned by Areeya Properties, is said to be inspired by the architecture of London and old English towns. As for the shopping experience, they have depicted many shopping areas in England, bringing the lively and unique atmosphere of English shops to Bangkok, a lifestyle Thai people have come to enjoy. Having lived in England for almost a year and a half, these impressive imitations of old Shakespearean buildings and colorful shops make me nostalgic for England. Even though this community mall may not get the exact details and atmosphere of the English lifestyle and shopping experience perfect, seeing the red telephone booth or the statue at the water fountain in the courtyard similar to the one at Trafalgar Square puts a smile on my face. A few months back, Pickadaily held a weekend market called “Portobello Market” in the courtyard, which was a good attempt at bringing the shopping experience of the real Portobello road here for the young Thais and expats to enjoy. It was a very lively weekend, filled with arts and crafts, jewelries, clothes, vintage furnitures, as well as great food and drinks."

See more at: http://bkkevents.com/Article/british-co ... L6b42.dpuf

Location Map: http://www.pickadailybkk.com/location.php
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: British community mall in Bangkok - Pickadaily

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Any hoodies?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: British community mall in Bangkok - Pickadaily

Post by Terry »

All it needs is a couple of fish & chip shops with Chinese staff, a corner shop staffed by South Asians, plus a second hand car mart staffed by an Essex lad and I'll be there like a shot.................... 8)

Some artificial cold horizontal rain would also be good