Visa to visit China

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Visa to visit China

Post by oakdale160 »

BOOK A HOTEL, DONT PAY, GET CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING. NO PROBLEM
buksida

Post by buksida »

Go to another country that welcomes tourists might be a better option. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Since my original post I have found it quite easy to obtain a tourist visa to China, getting a business visa is quite another story.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

StevePIraq wrote:Since my original post I have found it quite easy to obtain a tourist visa to China, getting a business visa is quite another story.
PM incoming.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Travel to China

Post by oakdale160 »

I had a surprise invitation to go to China last week and the CH immigration office in BKK wasclosed for 3 days. So I went in on the in-transit visa. I booked BKK>PEK>HK>BKK. They now have a 72h entry for in transit passengers, no photo, no docs, no fee just show them your outbound ticket--very smooth. You have to be leaving to a 3rd destination, cant do it on a BKK> China>BKK ticket.
And boy are Chinese airports Immigratation and security, fast and efficient.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Travel to China

Post by dalmatiandave »

oakdale160 wrote:I had a surprise invitation to go to China last week and the CH immigration office in BKK wasclosed for 3 days. So I went in on the in-transit visa. I booked BKK>PEK>HK>BKK. They now have a 72h entry for in transit passengers, no photo, no docs, no fee just show them your outbound ticket--very smooth. You have to be leaving to a 3rd destination, cant do it on a BKK> China>BKK ticket.
And boy are Chinese airports Immigratation and security, fast and efficient.
That is the perfect visa for transit or short stay and traveling on to a third country.

It has been around for some time. I used that visa some years back. I flew Bangkok to Beijing and within 24 hours I had flown on to London. It was over 2 years ago as I flew Thai two days before the MH370 went missing.