Driver for airport transfer

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Kitty
Rookie
Rookie

Driver for airport transfer

Post by Kitty »

Anyone can recommend a reliable driver for airport transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin?We read from the tripadvisor that Mr Roong is not so good.
buksida

Re: Driver

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Irish big-kev

Re: Driver for airport transfer

Post by Irish big-kev »

We always use Heng Taxi
Reliable and drives a Fortunner 4WD(Large 4WD)
Good rates from Airport to HH

PM me for phone number if you wish
Kitty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kitty »

Thanks for your reply . We have 4 adults taxi may be too small? How big is the taxi? May I know the rate as I know all of them charge differently
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Hi,

A Fortunner is one of the biggest 4WD's in Thailand that can accomadate up to 7 adults

He charges 2,200baht from Airport to HH but better you speak with him directly
Kitty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kitty »

Irish big-kev wrote:Hi,

A Fortunner is one of the biggest 4WD's in Thailand that can accomadate up to 7 adults

He charges 2,200baht from Airport to HH but better you speak with him directly
Oh great! Can you give me his contact? I am afraid unreliable drivers as some shared at the tripadvisor that some didnt turn up, late or speed like crazy! :shock:

Thanks for sharing
Irish big-kev

Post by Irish big-kev »

Please PM me as I don't like posting Phone # on line
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

A taxi-driver with a Fortuner? :o
With 4 adults+ luggage..? That'll mean he'll drive at 90-95kph in the middle lane in a safe-manner all the way to the A/pt right? :?
Sorry but IMO.. EVERY Fortuner driver in Thailand drives with no respect for anyone else on the road..& to see one not in the right-hand lane bullying the car in front of it would be a 1st.
(Rant over).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As a general rule of thumb, :agree:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We always use Mr Toom, 0814827148. He has never failed us.

This past trip we had 3 people, and 6 pieces of luggage (starting to bring over items for our move). We always tell him what we have, and he has always furnished an adequate vehicle. This past year 2,000 thb Cha Am to BKK
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

usual suspect wrote:A taxi-driver with a Fortuner? :o
With 4 adults+ luggage..? That'll mean he'll drive at 90-95kph in the middle lane in a safe-manner all the way to the A/pt right? :?
Sorry but IMO.. EVERY Fortuner driver in Thailand drives with no respect for anyone else on the road..& to see one not in the right-hand lane bullying the car in front of it would be a 1st.
(Rant over).
I know Heng and his Fortuner, he drives us around town sometimes with absolutely no problems at all, I don't think it's very fair to rubbish his business because of the car he drives.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote:
(Rant over).
I know Heng and his Fortuner, he drives us around town sometimes with absolutely no problems at all, I don't think it's very fair to rubbish his business because of the car he drives.
I also use a Bangkok based taxi driver who has a Corolla and a Fortuner and he's a very safe driver and doesn't drive like an idiot. In the UK it is often said that all BMW drivers are bad, but of course they are not, so its ridiculous to tar everybody with the same brush.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

STEVE G wrote:
(Rant over).
same here, I know and used Heng before many times and no problems,but if he paid for an advertice here he would be treated more fair, and how do you know how he drives if you haven't try him

:cheers: :cheers:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Sorry to upset you folk with my general comment about Fortuner drivers...but every time I drive to Issan & back there's always 2 forms of vehicle that stand out for being driven by arrogant t***s...& one of them is mini-buses...& you lot know this.
Personally after witnessing the way they are driven daily I would never sit in one as a passenger, taxi or otherwise.
(Just expressing my seemingly ridiculous opinion)..U.S.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

usual suspect wrote:(Just expressing my seemingly ridiculous opinion)..U.S.
Yes, and long may it continue! (at least until the general dictates otherwise)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!