Culture and Morals - Thailand vs Japan

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Re: Culture and Morals - Thailand vs Japan

Post by Gérard »

Interesting topic, but I think that comparing Thailand vs Japan is like comparing Sweden vs southern Italy or Spain.
Northerners are generally more respecful of the rules than southerners in many countries.
As for me, even if the cost of life and the weather were similar, I would certainly not go and live in a country where the rules are so strict.
I appreciate Thailand as it is and hope it will not change too quickly...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The birthrate in Japan, as in S Korea, Taiwan and Singapore is worryingly low. It leads to an ageing population, not enough young people to generate the work and taxes to support the old and a decline in population. In some of those countries ,the marriage rate is even dropping partly fueled by young womem who decide to have NO children.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Singapore should be fine, they'll just grab the western talent that eager to jump ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

oakdale160 wrote:the marriage rate is even dropping partly fueled by young womem who decide to have NO children.
Wow, sounds perfect to me. Beautiful Asian women who don't want to have kids and don't want to get married right away, if at all.. good stuff.. :dance: :dance: :dance:
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936