Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service news and updates

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry project news and updates

Post by HHTel »

Not any time soon!
The service will launch one ferry that carries 150 passengers. If the route proves popular, another ferry will be introduced that carries 262 passengers. The ferry will not initially take cars, though this is a future consideration.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote:Not any time soon!
The service will launch one ferry that carries 150 passengers. If the route proves popular, another ferry will be introduced that carries 262 passengers. The ferry will not initially take cars, though this is a future consideration.
Your quote has always mystified me (not denying that it was made). We've never seen the smaller craft, and went straight to the 'another ferry will be introduced that carries 262 passengers.'
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

i have a friend in Patty who is very interested. he concierges high end uk golf groups. He has tried bringing the longer stay groups to hh fora few days but the road trip here and back is a killer. He thinks the boat trip would be much more appealing. Golf tourism is huge in patty and it could bring many groups here.
Toreh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toreh »

The ferry left Pattaya on scedule today. Was down there to buy ticket for tomorow.
Saw a couple running down the pier with big suitcases two minutes before departure, but think they made it. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Did you see how much for Business Class?

Points 41; Position 18
Toreh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toreh »

Yes. I paid for that, or 1.st class as they call it. Think it was 300 extra.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you very much Toreh - IMHO the extra 300 Baht is well worth it. A much nicer travel environment.

Points 41; Position 18
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote:Thank you very much Toreh - IMHO the extra 300 Baht is well worth it. A much nicer travel environment.
Not followed the tread so allow me to ask now. How much is it then with Business class for one person in February. :D

Thank you
hahuahin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote:
HHTel wrote:Not any time soon!
Your quote has always mystified me (not denying that it was made). We've never seen the smaller craft, and went straight to the 'another ferry will be introduced that carries 262 passengers.'
wo ferry services will be available per day. The first one will leave Hua Hin from 8.30 am on a 113-kilometer journey and will take approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach Pattaya. The second trip will leave Pattaya at 3.30 pm for Hua Hin. The ferry can carry a maximum of 150 passengers per trip.
n its initial phase, there will be only one ferry whereas the second ferry will be added to the service in March 2017. The total capacity of the to-be-added ferry is 260 passengers.
There are so many conflicting articles including articles from Jan 2017! I notice their facebook page quotes departure times as 10:30am from Pattaya and 01:30pm from Hua Hin

It's all very confusing. The only true reports are from 'hands-on' people like yourself.
Toreh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toreh »

Hahuahin wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Thank you very much Toreh - IMHO the extra 300 Baht is well worth it. A much nicer travel environment.
Not followed the tread so allow me to ask now. How much is it then with Business class for one person in February. :D

Thank you
hahuahin
In february it's 999 bath for a normal ticket and 1299 for 1st class ticket.
The ferry leaves Pattaya at 10.30, and at least today they let people onboard until the last minute before departure.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Does anyone know if you can take motorbikes on the ferry or is it passenger only?
Thank,
GN.
Toreh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toreh »

Ginjaninja wrote:Does anyone know if you can take motorbikes on the ferry or is it passenger only?
Thank,
GN.

passenger only.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Gin,
Just change the tires put some ski's on the bike and ride across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Toreh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toreh »

Took the ferry today. Everything was 100% on scedule. Was a very pleasent trip, which I would recomend. I'm realy happy I could take it, instead of sitting 5 maybe 6 hours in a taxi.
Seats was very comfortable, and they served free coffe or tee.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Khao Takiab Ferry Dock

Post by Stargeezer »

I wonder when the signs to direct people, Thais and Foreigners to, will
Be erected
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.