Travelling across Russia by train

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Travelling across Russia by train

Post by Siani »

Enjoying this blog very much. Linda is correct about the pictures, it gives an insight to the journey. Some train seats look a little hard! Lovely journey.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I have been following the journey every day when possible. Linda and Henry have finally reached Scotland. Thanks to you for such an interesting insight to your journey. So pleased it went so well. :)
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Thanks for your compliments, Siani. I hope all of you who read the blog enjoyed 'joining us' on the trip. We arrived back home here in Nakhon Pathom yesterday, and, after travelling for 48 hours with only a few snoozes, it was great to have a long night's sleep in our own bed. The last week of the trip was spent in Suffolk staying at my mum's house, and was the most exhausting (socially) as most of our friends live in that area. By that time we were running out of coulombs, and couldn't wait to get back to our more hermit-like existence. We did, however, manage to drink the bar dry at a beer festival in the Station Hotel (Framlingham) on Sunday afternoon, as the large crowd on Saturday had done a pretty good job.

We're already planning next year's trip, which won't involve trains, to Azerbaijan. Those readers who are F1 fans will know that the first Baku F1 race will be held there next year. We've booked an apartment for 5 days overlooking the circuit for 10,000 baht! It was just too good an opportunity to miss. ;)

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Vital Spark wrote:Those readers who are F1 fans will know that the first Baku F1 race will be held there next year. We've booked an apartment for 5 days overlooking the circuit for 10,000 baht!
There isn't a spare room is there??!! :duck: :D

Very much enjoyed the blog by the way - and look forward to the next one! :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote:There isn't a spare room is there??!! :duck: :D
No, but I'm told they have extremely large beds in Azerbaijan...
This is the way
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I'll only share my bed with a dog and/or Mr.VS - however large it is (the bed...).

VS ;)
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"