Taxi prices from BKK to Hua hin.

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
bert91157

Taxi prices from BKK to Hua hin.

Post by bert91157 »

Hi,

I am going to be travelling to Hua Hin from BKK in a few weeks time, and was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a taxi from the airport. Do they use the meter or is the price fixed. Thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Taxi prices from BKK to Hua hin.

Post by Dannie Boy »

bert91157 wrote:Hi,

I am going to be travelling to Hua Hin from BKK in a few weeks time, and was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a taxi from the airport. Do they use the meter or is the price fixed. Thanks
You can expect to pay about 2500 baht (fixed price rather than meter), although there's a very good coach service from the airport to Hua Hin and great value if you're travelling on your own - see the attached for further details
http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/
buksida

Post by buksida »

Want a Camry with a damn good driver and your own space and time look here: http://www.taxihuahin.net/

Want to get a bus look above!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Dannie Boy wrote:

You can expect to pay about 2500 baht (fixed price rather than meter), although there's a very good coach service from the airport to Hua Hin and great value if you're travelling on your own - see the attached for further details

Wow Dan, who is charging you 2500!!! I pay 1500 at the most for a metered taxi and 1700 for a Camry or something upgraded. I use Mr Nong (Lives in Hua Hin) who is kind of a Taxi pimp I guess, he will drive you himself in his nice Camry or find someone to pick you up you just have to give him the flight information and arrival time.

0837758909 Mr Nong. Tell him Jamie referred you and he should give you the same price plus its low season right now plus because of the situation in Bangkok a few days ago I am guessing business is even worse.

I have used the bus too that Dan mentioned and it works well but my flights in from the U.S always arrive in BKK between 11pm and 1am for some reason and the bus does not run at that time.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Thanks for the info. :)
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

2500 is the asking price.
1800 is the lowest i found so far.
but thanks for the info on 1500!
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

jumusman wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:

Wow Dan, who is charging you 2500!!! I pay 1500 at the most for a metered taxi and 1700 for a Camry or something upgraded. I use Mr Nong (Lives in Hua Hin) who is kind of a Taxi pimp I guess, he will drive you himself in his nice Camry or find someone to pick you up you just have to give him the flight information and arrival time.

0837758909 Mr Nong. Tell him Jamie referred you and he should give you the same price plus its low season right now plus because of the situation in Bangkok a few days ago I am guessing business is even worse.

I have used the bus too that Dan mentioned and it works well but my flights in from the U.S always arrive in BKK between 11pm and 1am for some reason and the bus does not run at that time.
TBH Jamie, the most I've paid is 2400 and that's for a very good and reliable driver using an almost new Fortuner. I'm aware that you can find cheaper, although I'd be a bit concerned at what I was getting for 1500 baht, but you "pays your money and makes your choice" and I'm happy with my choice :cheers: