New bus service Hua Hin to Bangkok, Don Muang, Mor Chit

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New bus service Hua Hin to Bangkok, Don Muang, Mor Chit

Post by oakdale160 »

Talking of broken down buses. A few years ago I was on one to Pattaya that broke down, after a few mins the driver announced in Thai that the replacement bus would be there in an hour. At that point all the Thai passengers, about 20, got off and started hitching--it was amazing in ten mins they were all picked up and were gone. My friend and I tried it, it took us 20min, but we did get a ride from an ex-pat.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

JohnD wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:15 am Took the 9am Sombat bus from Hua Hin (Soi 96) to Mo Chit last week.
Everything seemed fine (smiling hostess, free water, '3 seats wide' bus) and the bus left at 9am, but the bus broke down (engine problem) about half way.
Although bus was almost full, no one seemed distressed so I guess they did not have to make a flight.
A replacement bus arrived and we got to Mo Chit with about 1.5 to 2 hour delay.
Then an easy transfer onto BTS at Mo Chit.
Still don't know if the bus was going on to Don Muang - everyone seemed to get off the bus at Mo Chit.

Decided to try the return trip a few days later - from Mo Chit BTS to HH.
Advised to take a no. 3 bus from Mo Chit BTS to Mo Chit bus station.
It took about 15 minutes on what turned out to be a free shuttle bus (saw several signs to Don Muang so must be nearby).
The Mo Chit bus station was enormous - fields filled with groups of blue buses and minivans - seemed like in different sectors. (Don't know if this is so called Mo Chit 2?)
After 10 minute walk around, found a minibus leaving for Hua Hin.
Would take the inward leg to Bangkok again, but not the outward leg to HH - there has to be a better way.....
I have taken the bus to and from many times, always a good service.
The return bus to hua hin leaves from sombat tour depot not from the mo chit bus station. I catch the mrt from sukhimvit and get off at chatuchak station( the same place the bus from hua hin drops you off at) and then catch a taxi 50bht about 10min drive , tell driver you want to go to sombat tour. The bus returns to the depot near soi 96 , 4 times a day, you can buy a return ticket from the soi 96 bus station, and a map, to show driver where som bat tour bus station is, but most of them know it.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I took the sombat bus from Bangkok to Hua Hin in July and the bus also broke down. It took nearly 2 hours to get a replacement bus. There seems to be some old buses on this route.