Air trip to where locally from Thailand?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Air trip to where locally from Thailand?

Post by Thistle »

Slightly off-topic now that the trip has been booked,however,regarding the train from Hua Hin to Butterworth.

Update regarding train from Hua Hin to Butterworth.
Still being quoted same price of 2654.00baht for first class sleeper,this time in Thai.At the suggestion of a friend who has taken the journey in the past i ventured along to the station the other evening 15 minutes before the train was due to arrive.It eventually arrived about 20 minutes late.The very last carriage marked with a large 1st number is what Thai Railways deem to be 1st class. It is certainly not European 1st class,or Rocky Mountaineer standard,however it is a private compartment containing two sleeping bunks,upper and lower.Unfortunately was unable to see much more due to the height of the platform,so not exactly sure what other facilities are offered inside the compartment.There was a smartly dressed train steward at the entrance to the last carriage,he would not permit me on-board to view the compartment due to an impending prompt departure.I would estimate possibly 10 compartments,i saw about 4 occupied.Intend taking the trip sometime next month,and will pass on an opinion of the journey for what its worth.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Migrant..have you booked your flight to HK yet?
I'm only asking this because a mate told me yesterday that Emirates are offering HK fares to/from BKK at decent prices at the moment..the man needed a visa-run, & went to HK for 4000b.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

usual suspect wrote:Migrant..have you booked your flight to HK yet?
I'm only asking this because a mate told me yesterday that Emirates are offering HK fares to/from BKK at decent prices at the moment..the man needed a visa-run, & went to HK for 4000b.
Exactly what we found :cheers:

The price, and chance to fly Emirates, clinched the deal!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
StephanieG
Novice
Novice

Post by StephanieG »

I've been to Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos last year and loved it. I & my husband stayed there 20 days & we booked a 15 day-tour through a travel agency. This agency [Mod edit: suspect spam link removed] specializes in providing cheap tours around Indochina. We spent like $3400 for 2 of us for the whole trip, I think that was a good price. In my opinion, if you only have 4 - 5 days, Vietnam or Cambodia is a good idea of budget travel. Base on our experiences, I suggest Hanoi and Halong Bay if you tend to visit Vietnam or Siem Reap if you choose Cambodia.