Ned Kelly's Last Stand, Hong Kong

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Bamboo Grove

Ned Kelly's Last Stand, Hong Kong

Post by Bamboo Grove »

This became my first favourite pub in Asia. I studied in Guangzhou in 1987 and I used to go to Hong Kong at least once a month. I also spent a lot of time there in the spring of 1988. Has anybody any old photos of this place or actually did anybody else visit it in the late 80's?

Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Ned Kelly's Last Stand, Hong Kong

Post by Bluesky »

A great oz folk hero exported to Asia! Sorry I cannot help with your question but have attached a link of where the name came from and the events surrounding it for those interested

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-austr ... /ned-kelly
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn "Golden Mile" on several occasions over the years whilst working in HK or travelling - Ned Kelly's was then my main "watering hole" and a great place it was indeed. I didn't get there as early as the late '80's, but have enjoyed the "liquids", the food and the music for quite a few years! :thumb:

Unfortunately, I don't have any photo's to share, but will ask a couple of colleagues..

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

pharvey wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have any photo's to share, but will ask a couple of colleagues..
Cheers, would be great to see some. I particularly found the keyboard player very good value for money. Particularly for his jokes. But the way he smoked, his voice was rash already then, I think, he might be long gone.