Vietnam visa

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
av8er

Vietnam visa

Post by av8er »

I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating or not but, I just got off the Vietnamese Embassy, Bangkok website, (I think/hope it was the right site), and apparently U.K.citizens-among many others-are exempt from visa requirements. The length of stay varies-in my/our case it's 15 days, and for our little Thai fun bunnies 30. Can anyone confirm if this is right, or should I stop smoking that stuff :D
jamborab
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Vietnam visa

Post by jamborab »

Flew from Bangkok to Hanoi in January for 5 days and no visa was required.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Yes, it's certainly true until the end of this month. Nobody seems to be sure what will happen then.
See the following sites:

http://www.vietnamvisa-easy.com/pages/v ... -exemption
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g2 ... l.Voa.html

http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php? ... ct=Notice3

Edited to include 3rd link
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Having been there several times this year under the visa exempt system they would be crazy to turn back. Visitor numbers are up and this must be tourists as anyone on buisness simply goes through the old visa system quite easily and quite painlessly

I really hope that they see that the experiment has worked. Thaikand next? ...... I think not!!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bristolian wrote:Thaikand next? ...... I think not!!
Assuming you mean Thailand :wink: , have we not been benefiting from this for many years, or is the Vietnamese system significantly different?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Big Boy wrote:
Bristolian wrote:Thaikand next? ...... I think not!!
Assuming you mean Thailand :wink: , have we not been benefiting from this for many years, or is the Vietnamese system significantly different?
:D Yes I intended to type Thailand but with 2Lbs of sausages instead of fingers and an iPhone it's pretty easy to strike the k and not the l Key.... Sorry

I guess that you are right for tourists and there is currently little difference between Vietnam and Thaikand
:D
I was looking from a business perspective where it is much easier (now) to enter Vietnam legitimately on business, and with the appropriate visa, than it is to Thailand.

If you sail around the visa rules it's not really any different ( not that I would circumnavigate the rules of course)
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
jungle

Post by jungle »

was in Hanoi last week and no visa needed for UK passport holders. i hope this continues after the 30th of June, it makes things so easy and can only be good for the tourist industry.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Interesting!!!!! I'm guessing that it's a trial period to see if the filthy running dog, capitalist pigs-that's you and me-can be trusted not to corrupt the little darlings!! I should add that I'm planning/hoping to take in Vietnam as part of a motorcycle trip including Laos and Cambodia, and I know that often, immigration rules and visa requirements vary according to method of entry-air versus land-and whether or not a vehicle is involved. Any thoughts?