Day Trip to Kanchanaburi

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
kras
Novice
Novice

Day Trip to Kanchanaburi

Post by kras »

Hi Friends,
hereafter some information to organize a day trip (on your own) to kanchanaburi.
First of all, this post is thought for people who want to save some money, if money is not a problem for you, the best you can do is to contract a tour in local agencies.
As some posts of this forum commented, there is a van service every day to kanchanaburi. In the Hua Hin Market Village, right side (burguer king side). First gate at this side. You have the timetable in the photo attached:

We took the van at 6:15. We bought the tickets the day before. And the return ticket at 18:15. Each ride costs 220 bahts. Two people, round trip, totally 880 bahts. It is possible to take the van near the clock tower (but I would not recommend if you do not know exactly where).

We took the in the van at the market. Totally puntual. The van stopped several times taking and leaving people. And after two hours, it stopped in a gas station with bars and toilet for resting. The journey is quite confortable. We finally arrived to Kanchanaburi around 9:45 or 10:30.

As soon as we arrive to the bus station in Kanchanaburi, a taxi driver "attacked" us to offer his services and his tuktuk. Firstly, to go to see the famous kwai brigde (5 km far from the bus station) per 100 bahts. And later, to Erawan Falls, 60 km far from Kanchanaburi per 1000 bahts more. I am not a good negociator, and finally obtained an offer of 900b for both visits, spending the whole day with us and making sure for us to reach the bus station again to take the van back to Hua Hin.

We arrived to historic bridge at 10:30, and we spent there 1 hour. Later, we took the tuktuk and we went to the water falls (one of the better things we saw in Thailand) after one-hour road trip. The price of the ticket to access to the Natural Park is 300 baht/person that you pay in a kind of toll.

Finally we arrived with time to the bus station again, and we took advantage of this time to eat something and resting. The van (at park site A7) transport us back to Kanchanaburi at 18:15 (puntual) with a similar journey to the morning one. We asked the driver to leave us in the clock tower square beacuse was closer to our hotel.

It was a very hard day, but totally recommended and with a very reasonable price.

PS: I hope the post is useful for you, and apologies if there are some grammar mistakes but English is not my mother tongue.
Attachments
huahin to kan.jpg
huahin to kan.jpg (172.82 KiB) Viewed 4144 times
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Day Trip to Kanchanaburi

Post by migrant »

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It's better to drive and stay one or two nights if you have a car. That way you can take your time and not only see many attractions around Kanchanaburi but also waterfalls and hot springs along the way as well as Hell Fire Pass (well past Kanchanaburi) and Three Pagota Pass on the Burmese border.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kras
Novice
Novice

Post by kras »

hhfarang wrote:It's better to drive and stay one or two nights if you have a car. That way you can take your time and not only see many attractions around Kanchanaburi but also waterfalls and hot springs along the way as well as Hell Fire Pass (well past Kanchanaburi) and Three Pagota Pass on the Burmese border.
Well, my advice is for visiting Kanchanaburi from Hua Hin if you do not have car (as it was my case). Regarding the number of days, you can split the visit into two or three days also travelling by van. If you do this, the only remark is that you need to pay an extra ticket (220 bahts) if you bring a trolley with you. The space in the van is reduced. If you travel with a backpack over your knees you do not pay anything.