Visit Koh Tao

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Visit Koh Tao

Post by Ralfredo »

Hi!

We are planning a trip to Koh Tao. What's the best way to get there from Hua Hin?
buksida

Re: Visit Koh Tao

Post by buksida »

Lomprayah, they have an office in Hua Hin and will take you to Chumphon on a bus + the catamaran over to Koh Tao for about a thousand baht: http://www.lomprayah.com/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Buks, what is the cameraman doing on the bus? :neener:

Koh Tao is a great place I prefer the south end of the island the sea is great there, wonderful diving. Plus you are away from the crowds in the main town
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Damn that auto correct ....
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

Ralfredo wrote:Hi!

We are planning a trip to Koh Tao. What's the best way to get there from Hua Hin?
Don't ever go to 'Murder Island'.....it's one of the most dangerous places to visit.
Human crap live on this island.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Jack Sprat wrote:
Ralfredo wrote:Hi!

Don't ever go to 'Murder Island'.....it's one of the most dangerous places to visit.
Human crap live on this island.
So I assume you would never go to Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, Bangkok ooh and even Hua Hin.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

i have been to kt but-- in a group of 4, only ate in high end restaurants, NEVER went to bars and ALWAYS back in our hotel by 9.30
buksida

Post by buksida »

oakdale160 wrote:only ate in high end restaurants, NEVER went to bars and ALWAYS back in our hotel by 9.30
Absolutely - this is the best way to avoid all of those crazed axe wielding Burmese murderers on the island. :duck:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Haha.....You should have tried the place 16-17 or more years ago, it realy was the wild west then and was inhabited by Thais who were mainly descendants of coconut pickers and pirates. AC Bar was there all that time ago, the owner of Ban's Diving got shot during the day, Mr J would "sort" out visa stamps for foreigners that didn't want to leave the island, nobody had work permits, Sari Beach was a mellow place to be, no hospitals or viable medical services/just a part time clinic, people would die falling down old disguarded hidden wells on the island from the time it was a prison etc. and yeeee-haaa with everthing.

Veritable paradise now compared. :laugh:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Ralfredo

Do you mean 'Khao Tao' small fishing village South of Hua Hin?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Khao means 'mountain', Koh is 'island'. I'm sure in this case he means Koh Tao. (the island). I wouldn't think he'd be 'planning a trip' from HH to Khao Tao.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: RE: Re: Visit Koh Tao

Post by Ralfredo »

HHTel wrote:Khao means 'mountain', Koh is 'island'. I'm sure in this case he means Koh Tao. (the island). I wouldn't think he'd be 'planning a trip' from HH to Khao Tao.
Lol, you're absolutely correct. Since I live close to Vana Nava water park it wouldn't need much planning. The island it is.

Have bought tickets now. Thanks everyone for responding!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It is a wonderful place ignore the negative comments and enjoy.