Transport, Bangkok to Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
limbu

Re: Transport, Bangkok to Hua Hin

Post by limbu »

I think there is a bus service from Suvarnabhumi airport to Khaosan Road. It departs from Door 8, the same as the bus to Hua Hin.
kRnXqfgcPW4Rz7hLxvkj
Novice
Novice

Post by kRnXqfgcPW4Rz7hLxvkj »

Today I had to travel other way around, and given the recent relocations both in HH and krungthep, I would like to share my short experience. Maybe I am missing something, but I felt really that things are not doing (yet) so good as they could. Some days earlier in HH I happened to see that a big bus travelled through the night-market area, and that they had a decent stop there just where the minivans used to depart. I thought that was a perfect, and the lady was very friendly and schedule also seemed to be good. Today I took the bus, which was a good one, for the price of 155 baht, ever a decent one.

First thing is that there was no stops along the way, like minivans used to have. There was a toilet on the bus, which is a good thing, but really, a stop at midway is more than for quick turnaround. The trip was otherwise similar, but in Bangkok they had to arrive at the Sai Dtai Hmai, that is one of the southern bus terminals. It is quite far away from Bangkok center and what is more, for the driver to get the bus from the Petchkasame Road to the terminal area seemed to be quite of a challenges, nothing like a straight line like before to the Anusawarii, Victory Monument.

From there the real headache started. There was no shuttle bus, and the staff said that bus 515 would take me to VM, however, that was departing from across a highway next to the terminal. The staff at the terminal were very friendly and as they came to the point of understanding that I have been here for quite a while and speak Thai too, they gave me a shortcut local bus route to VM and to my final destination. No minivans involved.

All in all, the travel from the Southern terminal to my final destination in BKK took me almost the same time than from Hua Hin to the terminal. Be assured, I am not first time in BKK nor in HH, and I did even do some research before. But, maybe there is something to do to make this route more smooth.

I think they are really doing good work and have a real reason doing so. In the meanwhile, please plan your trip carefully beforehand.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The ideal would be if the bus could stop near to a BTS station
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Transport, Bangkok to Hua Hin

Post by hhinner »

kRnXqfgcPW4Rz7hLxvkj wrote:Today I had to travel other way around, and given the recent relocations both in HH and krungthep, I would like to share my short experience. Maybe I am missing something, but I felt really that things are not doing (yet) so good as they could. Some days earlier in HH I happened to see that a big bus travelled through the night-market area, and that they had a decent stop there just where the minivans used to depart. I thought that was a perfect, and the lady was very friendly and schedule also seemed to be good. Today I took the bus, which was a good one, for the price of 155 baht, ever a decent one.

First thing is that there was no stops along the way, like minivans used to have. There was a toilet on the bus, which is a good thing, but really, a stop at midway is more than for quick turnaround. The trip was otherwise similar, but in Bangkok they had to arrive at the Sai Dtai Hmai, that is one of the southern bus terminals. It is quite far away from Bangkok center and what is more, for the driver to get the bus from the Petchkasame Road to the terminal area seemed to be quite of a challenges, nothing like a straight line like before to the Anusawarii, Victory Monument.

From there the real headache started. There was no shuttle bus, and the staff said that bus 515 would take me to VM, however, that was departing from across a highway next to the terminal. The staff at the terminal were very friendly and as they came to the point of understanding that I have been here for quite a while and speak Thai too, they gave me a shortcut local bus route to VM and to my final destination. No minivans involved.

All in all, the travel from the Southern terminal to my final destination in BKK took me almost the same time than from Hua Hin to the terminal. Be assured, I am not first time in BKK nor in HH, and I did even do some research before. But, maybe there is something to do to make this route more smooth.

I think they are really doing good work and have a real reason doing so. In the meanwhile, please plan your trip carefully beforehand.
Sounds like you caught the Hua Hin - Pran Tours bus. As an alternative, the Sombat Tours bus from the bus station at Soi 96 area would take you to Morchit, near the BTS station.