Taxi or something at nightime

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
teddyboom

Taxi or something at nightime

Post by teddyboom »

Hey,

When I am out I know the Taxi's are in front of the Hilton at nighttime.
But what if I am somewhere else?
Do you know drivers that drive in the nighttime?

Any numbers would be great.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Re: Taxi or something at nightime

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Wherever you are you will not be short of taxis

Cheers
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

one suggestion. Use Tuk-TUks frequently during day time. Whenyou find an agreeable, straightforward guy,when he takes you home, take his phone number and tell him your name. Call him when you need him, ifhe cant come he will send a friend. My guy insists on helping if I have a number of bags etc.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:09 pm Wherever you are you will not be short of taxis
For "Wherever you are" = areas tourists are most likely to be.
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

even 03.00 drunk in soi 80?
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:45 pm one suggestion. Use Tuk-TUks frequently during day time. Whenyou find an agreeable, straightforward guy,when he takes you home, take his phone number and tell him your name. Call him when you need him, ifhe cant come he will send a friend. My guy insists on helping if I have a number of bags etc.
tx
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:45 pm one suggestion. Use Tuk-TUks frequently during day time. Whenyou find an agreeable, straightforward guy,when he takes you home, take his phone number and tell him your name. Call him when you need him, ifhe cant come he will send a friend.
:agree: However, if you're expecting a late one, talk to him early - he might give you a friend's number to call when you're ready.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I was discussing this topic with a friend, he told me that an elderly neighbour has her tuk-tuk man come by every morning.She does not always go anywhere.It is her method of having somebody check on her everyday. He has a key to her house and is instructed to go in and check if she does not come to the door. she has been using his services for years and he is very trustworthy and is also on to a good thing.
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

Very good piece of advice from those who suggest taking the number and card of a reliable tuk tuk chap...the drivers we got from Hin Lek Fai to town always took 300B for the one way trip but when hailing one to get back home (at daytime that is), bargaining was often required. We politely refused the racket when they tried to charge 400B or more and said that the usual driver took 300B. Generaly it works if you show the locals that you are not juste another ignorant "farang" tourist.
The main problem arises if you are well boozed at 03:00 am out from the Hilton Club :wink: :cheers: :dance: and need to get back home..at that hour, most of those whose cards we took stopped working after 11pm as their business seems to flourish..those available on the streets ruthlessy were asking for 500B or more :banghead: ...so if anybody has a few good fellows who are reliable also at the wee hours of dawn and who do not try to overcheat...hang on to them :bow: as they are worth gold if you need transport late at night!

I agree that 100 or 200B won't change the lives of most here, but if we start to make it a habbit to give in to each and every "farang ripoff" racket, everybody will end up in paying more and more within time.... :tsk:
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

numbers pls (

or does everybody drink and drive?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

most people get at least time and a half for working after midnight, so if 300b is a good 3pm fare then 400-500 at 3am sounds reasonable.
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:07 am most people get at least time and a half for working after midnight, so if 300b is a good 3pm fare then 400-500 at 3am sounds reasonable.
Obviously your calculation is correct as night duty does call for more.

However, does 300B (daytime charge) seem correct to you one way journey from say Hilton Area to Black Mountain Area in Hin Lek Fai?
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
mariad
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mariad »

Taxi's are in abundance there, and the fare is quite legit in my opinion.
yves

Taxi phone number for short drive in Hua Hin ?

Post by yves »

Hello,

I need a taxi late in the night to take me from my home soi 6 to go to the bus station in down town. I there any phone number please ?

THanks
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Oops misread post

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.