Vietnam Visa

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
buksida

Re: Vietnam Visa

Post by buksida »

A lot of my travel tips and info I get from people that have recently done the trip. Search engines and social media is so awash with scams and clickbait now it is hard to get any solid information off of them.

Those that have nothing constructive to offer to questions asked here should not reply at all.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

buksida wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:03 pm A lot of my travel tips and info I get from people that have recently done the trip. Search engines and social media is so awash with scams and clickbait now it is hard to get any solid information off of them.

Those that have nothing constructive to offer to questions asked here should not reply at all.
Visa rules change very often, better get information from official website that asking people. What means recent travel ? 1 month, 6 months ?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I like information here as a starting point. Sure we can probably all google but with info comes the personal experiences, etc that help greatly
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Who was recently in VN ? My question is not answered on Google.
Is it easy to change TH Bhat, or better take only USD and Euro ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

europtimiste wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:39 pm As usual some ridiculous questions. You can ask an advise, a travel experience to forum members but for that kind of information nothing better than Google or the VN official visa site.
europtimiste wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm Who was recently in VN ? My question is not answered on Google.
:laugh: :laugh: Hilarious. You must be taking the piss, surely...?
This is the way
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:37 pm
europtimiste wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:39 pm As usual some ridiculous questions. You can ask an advise, a travel experience to forum members but for that kind of information nothing better than Google or the VN official visa site.
europtimiste wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm Who was recently in VN ? My question is not answered on Google.
:laugh: :laugh: Hilarious. You must be taking the piss, surely...?
Both questions are different. About visa there are many sites, my question is different, but not very clear for a dead brain .
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Vietnam extends visa exemption for Europeans for another three years:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel-lif ... 45044.html
albaker

Post by albaker »

Went to Vietnam after trip to Thailand in March this year and had no problem changing some of my Thai baht to Dong at Saigon airport and the reverse was true when we left to return to Bangkok , Dong to Baht . :cheers:
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

albaker wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Went to Vietnam after trip to Thailand in March this year and had no problem changing some of my Thai baht to Dong at Saigon airport and the reverse was true when we left to return to Bangkok , Dong to Baht . :cheers:
Thank's for info.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

europtimiste wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm Who was recently in VN ? My question is not answered on Google.
It's easy to change most common currencies, but make sure you do it in a bank. The rate is much better and you know you'll get valid notes.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Vietnam extends visa exemption for 5 European countries
HANOI, May 4, 2018(Xinhua) -- The Vietnamese government has decided to extend visa exemption for citizens of Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Spain till 2020.
In the past, people from the five Western European countries were exempted from visas for only one year, and then they had to ask for another one-year extension, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism on Friday.
Vietnam's visa exemption for citizens of the five countries was first piloted from 2015 to 2016.
Vietnam received 720,000 Western European visitors in 2015, some 855,000 in 2016, and 1.5 million in 2017.
In the first four months of this year, Vietnam hosted more than 5.5 million international arrivals, up 29.5 percent year-on-year, with the highest growth of 67.3 percent in the number of visitors from South Korea, followed by Finland, up 42.2 percent, and China, up 39.7 percent.
Vietnam plans to receive 16-17 million foreign visitors and 78 million domestic ones, and gain tourism revenues of 27.5 billion U.S. dollars in 2018, said the administration

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-0 ... 156172.htm

Now if only Thailand would wake up
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I would like others to comment on this--I find that the level of English is much better than in Thai esp in Saigon. In the places that I have the most problems, govt offices and banks, I found that most tellers/clerks were semi-fluent. In the little family hotel where I stay, the owner's daughters have improved from very basic English and French to very acceptable levels in a few years and this is encouraged or even compelled by the hotel licensing authority.
I hear, this is 2nd hand, that their golf resorts are very foreigner-friendly and are attracting increasing numbers of golfers.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Yes and the level of English is also better in Cambodia. TheThais seem to think that Thai will get them anywhere and this is manifested in their ridiculous TV programs. The only English I found recently upcountry was on France 24 - isn't that ironic?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

In VN you can see the best foreign TV: TV-5 Monde Asie, but you must understand French. Of course not the case of forum members.....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:offtopic: please
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18