Dating in Hua Hin

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Dating in Hua Hin

Post by crazy88 »

Whilst you probably, or in fact certainly, would not find ladies looking for a bit of extra-marital or "against Daddies approval " fun in the seedier places I can assure you you get plenty sharking around the nicer pubs and clubs in Bangkok. That is from both observation and experience. (Experience of observation of course :wink: )

Crazy 88
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

I can assure you you get plenty sharking around the nicer pubs and clubs in Bangkok.
You certainly do. Have seen it myself on many occasions

In a bar down binthabaht looking for a bar fine... no I'm afraid.
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

You seem to like generalising and placing people in catergorised compartments

To say Hi-so's don't do that sort of thing is very narrow minded. I've bedded a Hi-so in her expensive Rembrandt apartment in soi 18/20 Sukhamvit. Her Thai husband was an embassy official and away so she plied her trade down soi 18 and 20 in the bars

Worldwide bored housewives are at it. bored rich young executive ladies are at it. Mature school girls are at it (especially down soi 80)

Grow up man or meet me in a bar and show your cards. Maybe I'll take you to a bar to get you a Hi-so :neener:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't think the people that you meet are what you call Hi So's Richard. The term 'Hi So' has as much to do with their manner as it has to do with their wealth. You really won't find a 'Hi So' 'plying' their trade down the bars. :roll:

I'm not saying they aren't at it, but they certainly aint going down to bars to pick up some crusty old farang (yourself) in the hope of a 'wild' time.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

E-Dork wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't think the people that you meet are what you call Hi So's Richard. The term 'Hi So' has as much to do with their manner as it has to do with their wealth. You really won't find a 'Hi So' 'plying' their trade down the bars. :roll:

I'm not saying they aren't at it, but they certainly aint going down to bars to pick up some crusty old farang (yourself) in the hope of a 'wild' time.
Jeeze, this is tedious :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last post from me to an absolute DORK :banghead: Sad bar steward

So finally:

You are not qualified to know who I meet for one
You are nor qualified to know what a Hi-so is for two
You are not qualified to know what a crusty old farang is for three (generalising again Eh?)

If I'm crusty I'm proud of it. A good Yorkshire pudding and a good Steak and kidney pie always have a dose of suet to make the crust the best part of the fare

Over and out DORK . Guess you are too much of a vanker to meet me for a beer Ta ta :neener:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

richard wrote:You are not qualified to know who I meet for one
Evidently, nor are you :wink: I think the term you were looking for is 'free-lancer'... which is 'so-hi' as you or I are likely to get, or likely to wanna get.

richard wrote:I've bedded a Hi-so in her expensive Rembrandt apartment in soi 18/20 Sukhamvit... she plied her trade down soi 18 and 20 in the bars
Impressive indeed, like a South Yorkshire bus shelter in drag. Is that your syrup on the floor Rich?

SJ
samman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by samman »

Semm to be loads of nice girls/women out there. Farang and Thai. All want company, friendly face and someone to buy them a drink or meal. Be nice.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Semm to be loads of nice girls/women out there. Farang and Thai. All want company, friendly face and someone to buy them a drink or meal. Be nice.
Good post and... yes there are. I was just getting on Richard's back as, though he has been here longer than most, he has a lesser knowledge of the Thai's than that of a guy who has been here just a few months...yet he insists in spouting crap trying to show us his superior understanding of the Thai way.

My good friend was out here over 50 years before he passed away, but he certainly wasn't in the know with anything Thai and he knew it - nothing wrong with that. When you believe you know 'more than most' (to quote the man himself) yet can't deliver anything that rings true about the Thai people you leave yourself open to laughter!

To get back on topic.... there is no need for dating in Thailand by internet or any other means... Just go out and if you see a girl you like, for example, selling chicken sticks, start visiting her more and talking to her. After a few visits ask her out for a meal. There are so many really nice woman which are within our means (be it security of money or whatever) that we really are spoilt for choice here in Sunny Thailand.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

To be honest, I don't know why people get off on this class/money/status crap about women here. Don't think anyone thought about it to quite the same extent when they resided elsewhere before Thailand, fickle crap jumps to mind.

Just swan around and do your thing, if you bump into someone you like/dig then follow it to it's conclusion, whatever it is, even if it's just tempory physical satisfaction. Not a good idea to place restrictions on relationships before you even know someone.

The garbage I've heard from some people here, not referring to this forum (well, mostly), but just in Thailand in general.

These people would be sectioned as a cu@t for this, and some other, attitudes in the west.

People's preconditions and expectations are often wildly unrealistic, plus they are insecure enough to mouth off about it in an attempt to placate there insecurities. :?

When I hear people waffle on about the average girl here it makes me laugh when he probably dated a 'Sharon' or a 'Tracy' back where they came from and came out of it the worse off.

It's not about status and money, it's about being happy, and if you are happy then you don't give a fcuk about this stuff. :?

To the OP, just put yourself about in whatever environment makes you feel comfortable and relaxed and you will meet someone that is your style..........simple.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

spitfire wrote

"To the OP, just put yourself about in whatever environment makes you feel comfortable and relaxed and you will meet someone that is your style..........simple."

Works worldwide IMHO.

But finding that environment in a strange town???????

Great post, best on the thread :thumb:

Crazy 88
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Spit and Crazy :thumb: :thumb:

Easy to let all go astray with thread bickerers. Need some sensible guys like you to rein us in :cheers: :cheers:

Anyway at the end of the day if you are happy with your lot WGAS

Screw the bigoted lot on the thread. Sad cases :neener:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

....WGAS
Maybe we could call that abbreviation.......Why Get Agitated Sheila? :mrgreen:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Spitfire wrote:
....WGAS
Maybe we could call that abbreviation.......Why Get Agitated Sheila? :mrgreen:
Perhaps it should read WGAF Who Gives a F.........................
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Strange town, smange town. Thais are very social people and very easy to meet. Want to meet a girl? Smile when you walk past her shop/stall. Odds are she will smile back. From there its up 2 you.
The socially clueless need not apply.
Happiness can't buy money
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Richard said...
Screw the bigoted lot on the thread. Sad cases
You are the strangest, most stupid person I have ever encountered online richard. I literally can't bear to deal with you. You spout bullshit and then, after you have been shown up in regards to 'what is the truth' and what is not you come up with the above comment.... how the hell were any of the comments in any way 'bigoted'.I've re-read this thread twice now and can't seem to find anything in your description.

This will be my last post on this great website - not that anyone's bothered. I just simply can't deal with you richard - you really are an outstanding muppet. You say you no longer drink - drink is my excuse when I act an idiot on here (sometimes ending with an apology) yet you're sober.

(You may ask why I have called it a day over such a small thing.... the answer is simply that I have wasted a good hour trying to help richard identify the stupidity of some of his statements over the last couple of days yet....we end up with the above quote. It's like talking to a child. I would rather not be tempted to waste any more time)

Thank you HHF