Dating in Hua Hin

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Dating in Hua Hin

Post by richard »

Crazy88 summed it up

Years ago when I was living in Bangkok and a lot younger I had a mooch round the Emporium in Sukhamvit. Sat down and had a coffee and gazed round. No mobile, no laptop, just smile around without staring. Not long before the trawler nets are out and you're hauled in :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
ge3

Post by ge3 »

richard wrote:Crazy88 summed it up

Years ago when I was living in Bangkok and a lot younger I had a mooch round the Emporium in Sukhamvit. Sat down and had a coffee and gazed round. No mobile, no laptop, just smile around without staring. Not long before the trawler nets are out and you're hauled in :laugh:
Ha ha trawler nets! Made me laugh. Small update. Walked around Cicada Market in Khao Takiap and spoke to a few lady market traders tonight, big smiles maybe Ill break the ice next weekend.
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Ge3 ....Crazy 88 has a good game plan. I don't think you could go far wrong with that approach. Maybe he could mentor you :P

The girls here are in an abundant supply. A large number would love a foreigner as a BF. Just be carefull you don't become their ATM. Been there done that lesson learnt. Like anywhere in the world there is good and bad.
I've been out with all sorts and they all have their pros and cons depends what your after.

I do find some of the BKK girls very materialistic, plastic and false. Issan girls can appear quite hard faced but are workers and appear genuine. Just my limited experiences :mrgreen:

Remember the girls get very jealouse over here if you end up dating friends from a specific group! You may see another side to their personality :guns:

The Old Spice is a MUST failing that High kirate!

Why not ask the Sarge if he will take you golfing. He certainly got a great
result or was it a birdy? :laugh:

:cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sound advice from Lippy

It is a minefield and IMO don't flash your wad, tell them you have family at home to care for, try to determine their background (family, where they come from, what they do and did for work). That is still no guarantee (they are good at deception).

At the end of the day it's 'up to you' but, keep you guard up and watch your back.

Sorry, that all sounded a bit depressing but out here we are the hunted not the hunters (watch out for the trawling nets :laugh: ) but enjoy

The above is based on 11 years of experience having arrived here with a divorce behind me and feeling the world is my oyster and getting it wrong more than a few times but never being stung big time
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

The Old Spice is a MUST failing that High kirate!

:laugh:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Probably not a comment that's going to be that helpful as you live in Hua Hin but I would suggest getting as far away as you can from Hua Hin, Pattaya, (some parts of) Bangkok, etc etc if you would like to date. You will find some extremely nice girls, uncorrupted by the tourist areas. If you want a real nice long term girl it wouldn't hurt to look further into the woods. Just My opinion.
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Richard, I remember you giving some words of wisdom on a previous thread about Thai girls but unfortunately can't find them. Searching on the I phone not practical. They were very concise and to the point. Think Ge3 may have benefited from wise words seriously :bow:

Spitfire: Love the video, brought tears to my eyes :laugh:

Ge3: Hopefully the video has convinced you. Im sure you can buy High Karate or a good copy in Market Village. Put Crazys strategy to the test once purchased and splashed all over. Lynx deodorant will put you in the premier league if you believe the advert!

Failing that there is always the golf option which I personally would go for!!

Good hunting and be carefull :cheers:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Oh for gawds sake TWO of you have said 'you will find SOMETHING'! So if you do want tips it's this - don't call women 'somethings' OK?
And ditch the Old Spice - it's shit. Paco Rabanne. Yes I know it's more expensive but tough. :banghead:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

margaretcarnes wrote: - don't call women 'somethings' OK?
And ditch the Old Spice - it's shit. Paco Rabanne. Yes I know it's more expensive but tough. :banghead:
Mags: you are always good for reminding the guys what a woman is a woman and sound in your advice: 'Don't sweat' so to speak. :laugh:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Jimbob wrote:
margaretcarnes wrote: - don't call women 'somethings' OK?
Mags: you are always good for reminding the guys what a woman is a woman and sound in your advice: 'Don't sweat' so to speak. :laugh:

Thank you dah-ling!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

margaretcarnes wrote:And ditch the Old Spice - it's shit. Paco Rabanne. Yes I know it's more expensive but tough. :banghead:
Image = Magnet.
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

margaretcarnes wrote:Oh for gawds sake TWO of you have said 'you will find SOMETHING'! So if you do want tips it's this - don't call women 'somethings' OK?
Ok Mags Good point! Slip of the keyboard.

What about Old Spice then? Used this in the 70 s great stuff! Do you remember the advert with Henry Cooper? :thumb:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

lippy45 wrote:What about Old Spice then? Used this in the 70 s great stuff! Do you remember the advert with Henry Cooper? :thumb:
FAIL!

Good old 'Enery was a Brut man, 'splash it all over'. :wink:

http://www.brutformen.co.uk/gallery/
Talk is cheap
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

caller wrote:
lippy45 wrote:What about Old Spice then? Used this in the 70 s great stuff! Do you remember the advert with Henry Cooper? :thumb:
FAIL!

Good old 'Enery was a Brut man, 'splash it all over'. :wink:

http://www.brutformen.co.uk/gallery/

Nice one Caller. All this excitement of these aftershaves is getting to me :?

The Old Spice was the Surf advert and Brut was Enery
splashing it all over... :laugh:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You're all missing the point.
Sobranie cigarettes are a must.