Do you get that look(Dirty sexpat )?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Re: Do you get that look(Dirty sexpat )?

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:You should be no heavier than twice your wife's weight plus 7 kilos... :shock: :oops: :oops: :laugh:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Just working on correcting that now :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Big Boy wrote:
hhfarang wrote:You should be no heavier than twice your wife's weight plus 7 kilos... :shock: :oops: :oops: :laugh:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Just working on correcting that now :D
Force feeding her? :laugh:
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I've only dated one older woman than me. She was 10 years my senior. Remarkably talented with impeccable taste :naughty: and fairly wealthy. We stayed together until she started dropping her dentures into a glass. The reactions we got were little different to those already mentioned.

It doesn't really matter what aspect of life you look at. If you are in any way different to the accepted norm, people will notice.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Why does everyone assume it's all about the age difference ?
Of course sometimes it will raise eyebrows & attract attention, especially in the most obvious cases.

After this quote :roll:
Mind you, I have only had such looks from unattractive, overweight, western women, who would have difficulty getting a man in any country. I think they are just jealous and vindictive.
Perhaps the starers are wondering why such a pretty, petite young Thai girl is hanging out with an unattractive, overweight western man :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Perhaps the starers are wondering why such a pretty, petite young Thai girl is hanging out with an unattractive, overweight western man :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:[/quote]

I was 43 when I met my wife and she was 31, not unusual even by western norms.

As a former athlete, I have been blessed with a slim waist and muscular build, which I still make the effort to maintain. I have never been overweight in my life.

I think some westerners come here with a predisposed negative mind set influenced by popular western media, which has sensationalized older western men marrying younger foreign women.

The stares are not that of pity for the Thai wife but of contempt and disgust towards the western male.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

MrPlum wrote:
It doesn't really matter what aspect of life you look at. If you are in any way different to the accepted norm, people will notice.

Yes I agree, it applies to any race, anything out of the norm, I suppose I must have looked a bit longer than I should when a man came towards me with a tattoo all over his face, it took me by surprise :shock:

Maybe the writer of the post is confusing the looks he gets as well...maybe dirty sexpats does not come into it at all :? The thing about body language is that it is unconscious. Sometimes people sit and have a coffee just "people watch" in general, ever thought of that? I think also that older people tend to stare a bit more than normal, it's just something they do, not intended. My mother stared a lot more when she got older, over the age of 80 anyway, it was not intentional, just something that came on with age. I was always saying to here "Don't stare"...she used to look people up and down, mainly women, starting at the top and ending with the shoes! This was in the UK, not in Thailand :P
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Reading through this thread no-one has really explained what is 'the dirty sexpat' look.

How would I possibly know if someone was looking at me like 'dirty sexpat' rather than 'wish I lived in a sunny country without having to work', or 'why can't I get a tan like that' or that they were just looking at me while thinking 'Was this wooden frog really worth 1000B'.

I don't think it's wise to assume you know what other people are assuming about you, and worse still is to let it bother you.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

It's not an assumption when you can hear what they are saying.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Have people become so rude that they would discuss their opinions of you within earshot?

I think if anyone did that to me I wouldn't hesitate to point out to them how wrong they were and how rude they were being.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Frank Hovis wrote:Have people become so rude that they would discuss their opinions of you within earshot?

I think if anyone did that to me I wouldn't hesitate to point out to them how wrong they were and how rude they were being.

:agree:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Frank Hovis wrote:Have people become so rude that they would discuss their opinions of you within earshot?

Sorry Frank. I would do the opposite. I would politely tell them I agree with them and then embellish it with some details to the point of shocking them. Maybe tell them that my partner (s) and I indulge in all the acts described on the 'Edens' club menu at least once a week in public :naughty:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

@Frank - yes, I think they have.

However, my GF gets more looks than me. She's 25, but could pass for much younger. Not sure whether it is looking out of pity, out of trying to work out her age, or just lecherous attention. Absolutely sure in Malaysia, that it was lecherous attention (mainly Indians); not so sure what call to make in Market Village.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, you aint seen nothing yet. Try walking around with a 'Thai looking' teenage son, or Thai grand daughter - that's when you really get the looks. Just put it down to their holiday experience, and it gives them something to talk about when they get home.

Points 48; Position 20
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I have both a teenage son & daughter, both quite dark skinned as they've been here most of their lives and I can honestly say I have never noticed anyone apparently 'judging' me.

Maybe they look enough like me for it to be obvious that I'm their dad, or maybe I don't pay enough attention to other people.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never found it a problem, but have received of looks when out walking with them.

Points 48; Position 20