Matthew 21:12-13

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Matthew 21:12-13

Post by Takiap »

Did they at least clean your shoes for you BB?

Like "Stargeezer" it taken me years to convince my family that I have absolutely so interest in visiting temples and etc. After nearly 17 years in Thailand, I now see Buddhism (at least the Thai version) as being nothing but a money making farce, and an easy way out for those who want to clear their conscience on wrong doing.

Rape; lie; murder.........no problem, just give a monk a tin of sardines; some cash or some sticky rice and BBQ pork,,,,,everything forgiven.

Does anyone perhaps know what the going rate is for becoming a monk is these days?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have no interest in Buddhism as a religion, and I agree they exploit the Thais (and others if they can), many times through fear. However, I do enjoy visiting temples. As well as some interesting relics, many temples are built on prime real estate giving views that you would not get elsewhere.

I do encourage my wife to do her own thing with Buddhism, because despite it being a cash cow, she does get a lot of comfort out of worship.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Takiap wrote:Does anyone perhaps know what the going rate is for becoming a monk is these days?
As you will have a "head" start, you may be able to get a discount, mate? :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!