thai women and blighty ,

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
kevars

thai women and blighty ,

Post by kevars »

just thought this might interest anyone who has brought their wife of g/f to the uk , regarding food she loves a good fry up ( cholesterol as she puts it ) , a good jammy doughnut , and her favourite with most english food is Gravy ! luckily not all on the same day , ohh and good old fashion English butter ,
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

[just thought this might interest anyone who has brought their wife of g/f to the uk ]

'wife of g/f' hey, very interesting.
Wonder if there's anyone out there who has pulled off the coup of taking their g/f and her wife to the UK ?? Could have a right laugh with your mates when you walk into your local !!

PS: Sorry kevars, couldn't resist mate!

[/quote]
kevars

Post by kevars »

:oops:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Just tell me exactly what's on your mind kevars. (Or your problem).
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
kevars

Post by kevars »

nothing on my mind Mr norseman , i was just wondering if anyone else had anything to say regarding their thai wife OR g/f ( that was for mr burger ) :D , just things that have made one smile whilst she has been in uk or anywhere else , first day my wife was in uk she walked outside in a pollar neck jumper ,this was in july and its was about 80 degrees ! ha ha the sweat on her face bless her . I know a few places in the south east of the u.k that import all the thai food and sauces etc , so anyone who needs info feel free to ask ,
Farang
Ace
Ace

Girlfriend's wife?

Post by Farang »

'
on second reading:
kevars wrote:,,,,,,,,,wife of g/f to the uk ,,,,,,,,
Sheete! My g/f does not even have a wife. Y'all think she should marry?
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

kevars, mine actually took a strong liking to English breakfasts too. Plus roast dinners, plus apple crumble. Not much else though apart from Italian food, not very English I admit!!
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

I would say that we are quite unusual for Thai-Farang couples living in the UK as we eat probably 90% British/European food. Traditional breakfast is a big hit with Mrs Jaime, who also did the Christmas dinner and is a dab hand at Sunday lunch. When I got in last night there was sausage, mash and gravy on the table for me! She loves Mediterranean cuisine, expecially things like Serrano ham, salami, olives and of course seafood in all its guises (particularly paella). Her absolute favourite though is roast lamb dinner, especially if made with the breast of lamb, crisped up to the max.

However, as I write this I can hear the unmistakeable sound of 'bok-bok' coming from the kitchen as she pounds chillies in a pestle and mortar for the beef curry we are having tonight!

As for Thai food supplies, including fresh fruit and veg, anyone in the UK reading this could do worse than try Sky Market, they order direct from Thailand and deliver to your door anywhere in the UK. We have used them a few times and you can order really small amounts if that is all you want but beware, if your wife gets hooked it will cost you a fortune!:

http://www.thai-skymarket.biz/

For the record, I have no affiliation with this company!
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Burger wrote:[just thought this might interest anyone who has brought their wife of g/f to the uk ]

'wife of g/f' hey, very interesting.
Wonder if there's anyone out there who has pulled off the coup of taking their g/f and her wife to the UK ?? Could have a right laugh with your mates when you walk into your local !!

PS: Sorry , couldn't resist mate!
kevars, if this is the case you may well be a very lucky man 3 in a sack many a mans biggest fantasy
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Sounds great Dave,

Double quick time for breakfast in bed.

House cleaned in half the time.

Really great.

But twice the nagging,

I think one will do. :wink: