Married Men Doing Grocery Shopping

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.

Do Married Men Go Grocery Shopping Willingly?

Never Go
10%
I go willingly (feed me another bit of cheese)
83%
Are you dragged?
8%

Total votes: 40

migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Married Men Doing Grocery Shopping

Post by migrant »

chelsea wrote: I am suprised that no one has mentioned the added bonus of some serious eye candy that often frequents most grocery shops.
Shhhhhh don't tell
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Yes, I might be missing something!
Attachments
pushing-a-shopping-cart.jpg
pushing-a-shopping-cart.jpg (68.09 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Then again, maybe not!
Attachments
183209_t607.jpg
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

margaretcarnes wrote:I don't think men should be allowed to go grocery shopping
why?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

For the last few nights I have been restlessly tossing and turning in my virtuous couch, wrestling with - nay, agonising over - a disturbing and inexplicable question for which I cannot find a satisfactory answer.

What can it be, I hear you ask?
World peace? Global warming? The rising tide of Islam? The whereabouts of GLCQ's brain? Luis Suarez' dentist bill? When will Henry and Linda reach the wilds of Scotland?

None of these, my friends. These crucial issues pale into insignificance against the simple fact that a passing comment by one Mr Dozer can transmogrify into an earth-shattering poll revealing that 16 out of 22 of those married men polled appear to enjoy grocery shopping. 16 out of 22. A staggering 73%. And rising. As I type, it may be 75% or more...

The world is changing.
And not for the better.

I think Admin should consider a Shopping Channel on the forum, for those helpless addicts to discuss the whereabouts, progress and contents of new shopping malls and the price of baked beans. Not to mention the labelling of milk! :laugh:
This is the way
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

So far, the consensus seems to be that there are members of the male species who enjoy “grocery shopping”. My question for the HH residents, are you a trolley pusher or do you take the lead.

buksida

Post by buksida »

Well I voted for "dragged kicking and screaming" ... seems I'm in the minority, now where is my trolley ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

I think a lot to do with things over in Australia in particular is that a lot of people have flexible working enviroments now and that means in our case, whoever is at home most of the time will do tasks like shopping etc, so as not to eat into your leisure time at the weekends

I think these days both men and woman do jobs and tasks that our mothers & fathers would never have thought of doing, when they got married. Just the changing of times and how things are now.

I normally will cook meals at night on the days I work at home and my partner does the same when she has days off, and things seem to work out well. Is just a matter of getting the balance right and things will travel along smoothly
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I find if I do not accompany the missus she ends up coming back with all the things she wants and nothing I want. And I don't want Thai food for every meal every day.

Of course the eye candy can be very uplifting especially at Makro and MV
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Happy to go grocery shopping on my own. Mrs J.J.B. employs the 'list' method so I enjoy going 'off list' whenever possible (man, I love those custard creams...which are apparently "bad for me") that inevitably involves me not being required to do it for some time.

The opposite is true for cleaning the cars, mowing the lawn, fixing the WiFi and most other guy stuff so, in retrospect, I'm not sure who has the better deal!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Pleng wrote:
why?

Good question! - 1) like StevePiraqs' post but in reverse, how do they know what I might fancy for my tea - or might impulse buy? So -
2) they need a list, and then -
3) if something on the list isn't available they don't know what is a suitable alternative - or -
4) they get sidetracked by the eye candy :wink:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

dtaai-maai wrote: 16 out of 22. A staggering 73%. And rising. As I type, it may be 75% or more...
77%...
ohmygod.jpg
ohmygod.jpg (4.46 KiB) Viewed 439 times
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

"Quelle horreur" retiring in Thailand involves shopping! At least in Luxembourg shops keep traditional hours which means that they're always closed when I'm not at work.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

margaretcarnes wrote:
Pleng wrote:
why?
1) like StevePiraqs' post but in reverse, how do they know what I might fancy for my tea - or might impulse buy? So -
2) they need a list, and then -
3) if something on the list isn't available they don't know what is a suitable alternative - or -
4) they get sidetracked by the eye candy :wink:

Well of course they don't know what you might impulse buy...

Point 2 - all the women I've known go shopping take a list, too
Point 3 - I just plainly disagree
Point 4 - sidetracked to an extreme that affects the delivered groceries?!
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I jokingly said to my wife last night that I will start going grocery shopping with her and she looked at me, laughed and asked me, “why”. I told her that it seems like many guys go and enjoy it and I would like to try it.
So this morning she said to me “I am going to Tesco, Pranburi are you coming with”, I said “why”, she said “you said you wanted to go last night”, I said “I was only joking”, so off she went……………….phew, near miss.
So I am off to the driving range , then the football at 16:00.