Jungle Aid Charity

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Jungle Aid Charity

Post by Ginjaninja »

"We are a private charity bringing essential education, sustainability and medical support to displaced people in Thailand. Our mission is to provide medical aid, education, support and micro-business opportunities to people living in remote locations on the Thailand Burmese boarder. The people we support live in remote locations on the boarder of Thailand and Myanmar and have extremely restricted resources. Our primary aim is to provide them with the skills, knowledge and materials to become sustainable. For these people Jungle Aid is an important and essential lifeline. With your help we provide them with the knowledge, the supplies and the continued support to make a positive impact on their lives."
Please take the time to check out their website and for those of you feeling a tad flush - why not donate a few hundred baht. I have :cheers:

They also accept donations in the form of:
"..clothes, shoes, flip flops, mosquito nets, rice and all sorts. If it is something such as a table or salt and pepper pots that they can not use in the jungle then we sell it locally and generate money from the sales to support the work we do."

I'm hoping to arrange some charity bike rides in 2015 so will be looking for some jai dee sponsorship. T.B.C.
:thumb:
GN.
PeteC

Re: Jungle Aid - Charity

Post by PeteC »

Not enough time at the moment to research, but BB visited a place some months ago and did a report with photos. The place was a forum sponsor and a charity the forum supported previously, and I think they have changed names since. It could be the same place as above.

Tomorrow when time I'll research some old threads, and perhaps BB will reference his thread. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Sponsored a lassie recently who completed the tri-athlon in Bangkok,along with the one at Black mountain.All of her hard endevours were on behalf of Jungle Aid,and they were extremely pleased to receive the donation.It seems to be a genuine hard working local charity.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

My neighbour volunteered at this charity and spoke of it very highly. I met a few of the staff and was very impressed by their passion and dedication; very humbling.

Earlier this year, my father-in-law accompanied my neighbour on one of their supply trips to a Karen orphanage and came back enthused for the work they are doing. He was most amazed by the fact that 100% of any donation goes directly to the people who need the help, there are no 'professional administrators' that seem to cost so much to run many charities elsewhere.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GN, Pete mentioned that we did something similar for Mrs BB's 60th Birthday Merit Making. Our trip was organised by Thais, so I'm not sure of any affiliations. The place we went to had more than its share of border police running things, but the cause was just as great, and the experience very humbling. Certainly something that I'll never forget. Scattered around the grounds were plaques from various motor cycle clubs who had made similar visits/donations.

Looking at the website, there are a lot of white faces (is that racist :? ), so probably a similar, but different cause.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand.
I'm hoping to arrange some charity bike rides in 2015 so will be looking for some jai dee sponsorship. T.B.C.
GN.
Don't be selfish. By all means, arrange your bike ride, but don't exclude those of us on 4 wheels. Why not have a nearby rendezvous point/time so that we can arrive together in a bike/car convoy. That way, maybe the car drivers could carry a few passengers, who otherwise couldn't enjoy the experience.

I'll certainly be up for it, as will my wife.

Please keep us informed as things develop.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
GN wrote:I'm hoping to arrange some charity bike rides in 2015 so will be looking for some jai dee sponsorship. T.B.C.
GN.
I've just re-read the above, and maybe I've mis-interpreted your intentions. Are you planning the bike rides to raise funds, or will the rides be to the area that you are supporting? When I say don't be selfish, it would be a visit to the benefactors such as my wife's merit making trip earlier this year which interests me.

Points 41; Position 18
Markwiliams
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Markwiliams »

Any golf event in aid of Jungle Aid soon? I'm sure I was at one in December a few years ago?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Heard lots of good things about Jungle Aid recently, a group of good people trying to help thos e much less fortunate, plan a trip pretty soon to see whats happening.
I heard there was a blues concert in Bangkok organized to help.. anyone heard the same?

Cheers,

JW
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

"The jazz event in Bangkok is Saturday 22nd Nov from 4pm onward for children and the music a bit later.
Tickets 350bht- lots of fun, food etc etc.."

..That's the info I got so far, doesn't include location, which I'll update as soon as i hear (think lower Sukhumvit)
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Location is a restaurant called DET 5. situated halfway up Soi 8 on Sukhumvit.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We will be making a return trip to where my wife did her merit making a few months ago next week. I will try to find out if they are connected to Jungle Aid.

I remember last time their were a few plaques from motorcycle groups who had done their charity bit. Weather permitting, I'll seek them out and take a few photos to see if any group is familiar to you.

Really looking forward to it again :D

Points 41; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

4×4 Truck Needed To Continue Our Support

"Much of JA's work requires the use of 4×4 trucks. Until recently we have managed with the use of some very worn out trucks but one of them has now become unusable. This truck desperately needs to be replaced, so that key areas of our work can continue, such as bringing people from remote jungle locations into the city to hospitals, picking up and taking children to school, carrying our volunteers and supplies to our remote medical clinics."

Come on folks.. get online and get donating. Every little counts as they say.
:cheers:
GN.
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

This is a lifeline to bring people from remote villages to hospital when they need treatment, to take food supplies to areas that require crossing 3 or more rivers, and taking volunteers to run clinics. Unfortunately the car that did all this has finally died so we must provide transport.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Jungle Jangle at DET5, Bangkok

"A huge thank you to all of our sponsors and to everyone who came out to this event. We raised a grand total of 82,710 Thai Baht which will go a long way towards helping us continue to help those in need."

:D :D :D
GN.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Jungle Wild at the Hilton (Medium).jpg
Jungle Wild at the Hilton (Medium).jpg (49.2 KiB) Viewed 5934 times