Life in Thailand: Battling Boredom

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Life in Thailand: Battling Boredom

Post by migrant »

We have been spending around 80,000 baht per month here over the last 4 months, and living very good. A mix of Thai, and Falang foods, trip to Hong Kong, etc. About 1/4 of what we spent in California. Our property here is paid for though so that helps.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

migrant wrote:We have been spending around 80,000 baht per month here over the last 4 months, and living very good. A mix of Thai, and Falang foods, trip to Hong Kong, etc. About 1/4 of what we spent in California. Our property here is paid for though so that helps.
That sounds about right. Of course you can spend a lot more or a lot less depending on lifestyle choices, golf etc. As you say, if your property is paid for, that can help considerably (depending on the property you want to live in)
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Also, he/they live in Bangsaphan. I wonder if the same lifestyle would cost more in Hua Hin.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote:Also, he/they live in Bangsaphan. I wonder if the same lifestyle would cost more in Hua Hin.
Probably cost a little more. We aren't golfers, or big drinkers, but enjoy going out to restaurants of all types. With the plethora of places in HH I know we would spend more, but still considerably less than California!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

hhfarang wrote:Also, he/they live in Bangsaphan. I wonder if the same lifestyle would cost more in Hua Hin.
Definitely.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

For those in need of a project, take a look at this site - everything from gardening, cooking, electronics, modeling etc. Simply sign up to the news-letter and tweak to suit your interests.... :thumb:

http://www.instructables.com/

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by HHCanuck »

JamesWest wrote:I'm in Pattaya right now. I'm not bored. GLC have you bought a motorcycle yet? Really good way to increase your endorphin levels as the Thais try to kill you on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk
Agree I can't get bored on my bikes because I feel like I'm in a Mad Max film. "Still Alive!!"