Should I believe her?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Should I believe her?

Post by Bamsen »

Hi guys,

I am new in HH, just only few months living here but not permanently. I know my post should be put in other forum about night life, I couldnt since I am new.

Here is my story, I met one girl she told me that she is a bar girl. Actually she runs the bar with few staff and she said she has never been BG before. She was divorced with two thai guys and got one boy from the first ex' while she was working in the salon in BKK and then moved to HH. After getting divorced, she was lucky that she met one old expat and got some money from him to run the bar but he died when he went back to his country. She emphasized me many times that she is only a mamasan and never been BG, Should I believe her? May be I am too naive in such a thing, I have sympathy on what she has done to support her family and she is funny and nice one. A while after we have kept in touch, she confessed me that she is in relationship with one guy who lives in HH few months and UK for few months. She told me that she is in love with me and cannot resist that inner feeling even she is in relationship. Honestly I think I had such a feeling for her until she told me that she is in relationship. My morality is quite high in that sense.

You guys are very welcome to share your opinion and thank you in advance.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Should I believe her?

Post by oakdale160 »

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is -- Don't believe a single word and 10 is--It all sounds absolutely genuine.

I would rate the story as 2-3.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

What difference does it make if she was a BG or not in the past anyway? Is it a 'morality' question? Because I don't really see where the morality line is between having taken money for sex with men, and taking money for other girls having sex with men??

Also, I think oakdale is being exceedingly generous with a score as high as 2.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

wake up mate she will take you for everything
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Whilst not wishing to appear too negative, on the balance of probability I would say in this instance that their is fair chance as a farung in Thailand you will not only be 'Touched' but more than likely 'felt all over'. As for fessing up a little, first stage in damage control. Think with your head and nothing else.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Liar Liar pants on fire!

Really
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

My advice is to beg the lady to marry you. If she hesitates, you should tell her she can continue seeing other men, invest substantial amounts in her bar, buy her a large house near the beach, place her son in a private school and send regular sums to support her family in Isaan.

Always go with your inner feelings, that what I say, and ignore the cynical doubters you will undoubtedly encounter on this forum and elsewhere.
This is the way
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

dtaai-maai wrote:My advice is to beg the lady to marry you. If she hesitates, you should tell her she can continue seeing other men, invest substantial amounts in her bar, buy her a large house near the beach, place her son in a private school and send regular sums to support her family in Isaan.

Always go with your inner feelings, that what I say, and ignore the cynical doubters you will undoubtedly encounter on this forum and elsewhere.
:lach: :lach:
You forgot the buffalo medical bills :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

I am guessing that you are a relative of the lady in question?

You
dtaai-maai wrote:My advice is to beg the lady to marry you. If she hesitates, you should tell her she can continue seeing other men, invest substantial amounts in her bar, buy her a large house near the beach, place her son in a private school and send regular sums to support her family in Isaan.

'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think that what people are saying is that if a girl works in a bar, whether it's as a mamasam, bar girl or whatever, the very strong likelihood (i.e. More than 95%) is that she can't be trusted. It's possible she could be in the <5%, but statistically these are not good odds!! Either accept that she may not be trustworthy but if you enjoy her company then continue without commitment, but the risk is that you will get slowly but surely sucked in (pun part intended).
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

stretch wrote:wake up mate she will take you for everything
^This
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

You could get lucky but, the odds are that you are playing Russian Roulette with a Gattling gun.

In the words of Dirty Harry, "Do You feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?'

By all means try to "take the bar out of the girl" and give her a chance; but keep your expectations low and commitment much lower.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

thanks a bunch guy! I appreciate all opinions of you. The reason I am struggling is that she never shown any interest in taking any advantage from me. She said her BF is pretty rich, she doesnt love him like she is fascinating n loving me. She said she can truely call it love though she thought she couldnt love anybody else since her divorce with Thai guy until she met me.

Actually I dont mind if she worked as BG before , what I am concerning is why she didnt sincerely admit it. How can she feeling love to another man while she is in relationship with another one?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Remember the sage advice- If it flies, floats or fu**s, RENT DON"T BUY.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Bamsen wrote:thanks a bunch guy! I appreciate all opinions of you. The reason I am struggling is that she never shown any interest in taking any advantage from me. She said her BF is pretty rich, she doesnt love him like she is fascinating n loving me. She said she can truely call it love though she thought she couldnt love anybody else since her divorce with Thai guy until she met me.

Actually I dont mind if she worked as BG before , what I am concerning is why she didnt sincerely admit it. How can she feeling love to another man while she is in relationship with another one?
You sound like you've made your mind up regardless of what advice you get here.