Woman with woman walking around town

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Woman with woman walking around town

Post by U.Kvarme »

Hello, May I introduce myself that I am Thai and have been fanclub of HH forum for a while. As Thai people, I am glad that I can assist some topic in here.

My husband is Norwegian and we live in Norway. Since 2013 I have taken doctorate degree in Thailand and my mother in law bought a house in HH in order to escape from Norwegian winter since then.

During the period of her stay, I usually come to HH to see her everyweek, take her out for dinner, have a drink with her at the bar, accompany her wherever she wants. When we walk , we usually hold our hands together. She walks as fast as me and sometimes I have to hold her waist while she is walking to protect her from the cars passing by. After a while I could realize that many people look at us strangely especially when we go to the bar after dinner hahaha.. they probably think we are the lovers.
Does it sounds strange for foreigners' opinion?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Woman with woman walking around town

Post by dtaai-maai »

U.Kvarme wrote:Does it sounds strange for foreigners' opinion?
No.
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I think many see Thai women holding hands, and thinking just friends. Maybe since she is not Thai people may think differently.

Either way I would not let it bother you
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Don't even worry about it U.Kvarme. This is Thailand, and it seems anything goes. Yes, some may look at you strange , but they haven't researched the country they're visiting properly. You know the truth - let them challenge you if they're not happy.

I have a 25 year old son and a 17 and 11 year old granddaughter. People look at me strangely when I'm out with them also - I just smile at them and move on.

Only once have I been challenged, and that was by a group of Thais a couple of years ago when I was out with my youngest granddaughter, but she soon put people's fears to rest when she explained our relationship to them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

Actually I am not worried about that. It is interesting to know their viewpoints:-)
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

U.Kvarme wrote:Actually I am not worried about that. It is interesting to know their viewpoints:-)
some people hate gays, others are totally ok with it. same same all over the world, except middle east where it is still highly illegal.

i see gay Thai women couples almost everynight at the soi 88 food court.
some are very beautiful. works for me. I am ok with gay men as long as they stay out of my space and don't hit on me. i do get tired of their agenda in film and television.

i did also see at the same location two gay farang men child molesters who had a few beers in them, and they were leering at my Thai girfriends 11 year old son. they never took their eyes off of him. the expressions on their faces where really vile. That i have a real problem with.

i am a creative person so i had to learn to stop worrying about what people thought of me or expected me to do or how to live. sometimes i have relapses. :)

one of the things i like best about Thailand, I can't understand what the Thais are saying. peaceful.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

I think they might look at me and my mother in law as same as when they see an old gay guy with thai young boy.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

I think you worry unnecessarily, just enjoy what you do.

If it really worries you don't hold hands. If you are happy doing what you want then carry on. You appear to worry more than those around you.

This is Thailand, you could walk down the street alone, that might get you more stares.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I admire you for huggging the lady, & holding her hand..just to keep her safe. :thumb:
My Thai wife does just the same as you when my mother is in town, so do not worry.. :cheers:
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

usual suspect wrote:I admire you for huggging the lady, & holding her hand..just to keep her safe. :thumb:
My Thai wife does just the same as you when my mother is in town, so do not worry.. :cheers:
Thanks a lot :cheers: