Thai courtesy

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Thai courtesy

Post by oakdale160 »

Last week I was in BKK. I had a broken arm in a sling. On 5 occasions I was struggling to go up or down stairs with a suitcase. On EVERY occasion after 2 or 3 steps a Thai person offered to help and carried my case to the top or bottom. Very courteous--one other thing--In EVERY case it was a Thai lady that offered assistance.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Thai courtesy

Post by Ginjaninja »

So what changes when you stick them in a motorised vehicle?
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

...In EVERY case it was a Thai lady that offered assistance.
Don't want to be too cynical....but imagine that. The women of this country are generally light years ahead of their male counterparts in pretty much every area (apart from the macho nonsense) and are in many cases the saving grace of the country.

Doesn't apply all of course.......but the above is probaly disproportionately true in many cases and I doubt this country could function properly without it's women who sort so much out and get no recognition for it.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

and when working the women were reliable, thourough, ambitious and fun to work with. The men were NONE of those things.