Doors and Lights

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Doors and Lights

Post by RCer »

Could someone explain to me why Thai's don't close doors they open or turn off lights they turn on, please?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Doors and Lights

Post by barrys »

Add TV's and fans to the list....
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

RCer wrote:Could someone explain to me why Thai's don't close doors they open or turn off lights they turn on, please?
Be careful what you wish for! Mrs B will turn off any light or power appliance that has been abandoned for greater than 10 seconds! Appreciate her concern for saving energy but it can be damn nuisance at times. Walk out to get a glass of water and return to the office to find everything off. Probably comes from her accounting background and working in Oz for too long...well maybe I do leave the room for a tad longer than 10 seconds. :D
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Actually my concern is service people. They come in and out of the house a dozen times and leave the door open every time.

Even after my wife tells them to keep it closed.

I don't want every fly in HH in the house, nor my cat out.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

here is an example to a sliding door,you can choose anything as a weight ex . a bottle with water or sand .

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/26 ... oor-screen

And here another one that I use with my mosqitonet doors,I just use a fishing line an a small plasticbottle wiht water because its easy to adjust the right weight so the door don't slams and make a noise :

you don't need the wheels but just just 3 of these ;

https://www.google.dk/search?q=%C3%B8je ... 00&bih=813

:cheers: :cheers:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

If you have been to Isaan you will find doors open al the time, lights on all the time, Thais take forever in the shower never turning the water off, most in Isaan get a certain amount of electricity and water for free so they do not care, with doors F... Knows.

When married to a foreigner the Thai just thinks they do not pay so why care.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali