So... I'm Moving Back to England

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: So... I'm Moving Back to England

Post by Siani »

Big Boy wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:Would they be publicity photos by any chance?
If they aren't, there's a hell of a lot of cakes on the cake stand on each table.
I think BB it's a normal serving, believe it or not! :D I think you get Sarnies and scones as we as cakes.
CTA2-reserve-your-table.jpg
CTA2-reserve-your-table.jpg (63.13 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe that's how they're served. I think you pay for what you eat but I can't be sure of that. Been to tea shops that use that system.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

HHTel wrote:I believe that's how they're served. I think you pay for what you eat but I can't be sure of that. Been to tea shops that use that system.
I think they serve the afternoon tea....after that whatever you don't eat is not offered to other customers. It is classed as "used".
Anyway, looks delicious, have not been there myself :)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You're right Siani. I remember many years ago going to a tea shop and the waitress looked at what you'd eaten and billed you accordingly. Health and safety certainly wouldn't allow that these days.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

amazing how these topics go off on a tangent--From a guy moving back to the UK, to an analysis of tea-room billing practises.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Aren't forums wonderful!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In fairness, the OP left the thread 4 days ago, and hasn't responded to questions. In such instances, a thread often goes astray.
GLC.png
GLC.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
I'm sure if/when he returns, thread will get back on track.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

He's been in Petchaburi without internet. I'm sure he'll respond over the weekend.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not a criticism, just an observation.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
fromtheclouds747
Novice
Novice

Post by fromtheclouds747 »

Interesting read, as I'm thinking of moving the other way.....any advice would be great....looking for a place near to town.....suggestions please.....without the dogs!
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

As a seafarer since I was 16 and now 55 I have never really 'lived' anywhere constantly rather spending four to six months a year not on a ship. My first ten years after marrying a Thai were in Hua Hin and I took my family back to the UK not just so the kids could get a good cheap education but also because I was getting frustrated for a few of GLC's reasons. Roll on another twelve years and with the kids old enough to look after themselves I returned and have been back for the last four years of 'not on a ship' time. Most of the things that drove me away have not fundamentally changed but I found that on reflection I prefer to spend my off time in Thailand predominantly as I hated the UK weather (hayfever in summer and drizzly rain most of the time, the occasional snow in Southampton but generally dull). When I returned without the kids I loved being able to relax but more importantly was ready for the negative aspects and more than ready for the positives, most of which have already been mentioned.
Who knows, perhaps in a few years GLC will want to return having got fed up with the way the UK is going but for now it is probably the best thing he can do as it certainly sounds like he needs a change for a while and I wish him the best of luck.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

^^ agree!
I do 2 months UK, 3 months Thailand. Most of the people that make a success of living here at a younger age seem to do something similar. I swapped my house with a friend who tried to retire at 42 and became what he called "Thai-erd". I'm looking forward to retiring in 2 years after visiting for 20 + years. My only worry is HH has spread so much and is swallowing up where I live at Mon Mai. I might end up moving further away to Prechaub KK, but at the moment it's too quiet.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

oakdale160 wrote:amazing how these topics go off on a tangent--From a guy moving back to the UK, to an analysis of tea-room billing practises.
Not really, it was just pointing out that he is in fact moving to a nice town.
No different from someone moving from the UK and a forum member pointing out the highlights say.........the bars in HH :)
curlybaggie

Post by curlybaggie »

Big Boy wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:Would they be publicity photos by any chance?
If they aren't, there's a hell of a lot of cakes on the cake stand on each table.
So there should be, it's £18.95 per person, £26.95 per person if you include a glass of champagne.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I'm guessing GLC would be more into "Hash Brownies"!! :wink: :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.