Residing in Wang Nam Khiao vs Hua Hin

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
rochana1
Rookie
Rookie

Residing in Wang Nam Khiao vs Hua Hin

Post by rochana1 »

After living in the USA for 23 years, my Thai wife and I will soon be moving to Thailand - either to Hua Hin or Wang Nam Khiao (gateway to Korat). We would greatly appreciate any compare and contrast comments from anyone who has knowledge of both places and has an opinion of the pros and cons of living in each place. Thank you, Sid L.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Residing in Wang Nam Khiao vs Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

I'll start with limited knowledge. My Thai wife was in the states 23 years, I met her there. We moved to Thailand about 16 months ago. We are in Bang Saphan a quiet fishing/farming/tourist area.

I enjoy it very much here, my wife though is mixed. After living in the states she is used to the availability of everything, we lived in So California.

Hua Hin, being larger, has most everything to offer nearby, Wang Nam Khiao I don't know

Good Luck
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Where ever you decide to live in Asia, go visit the place at least two or three times before
actually buying a place. Give your selves a chance to really see if the place you visit is the place
where you want to pend a lot longer in. I have seen people get somewhere and buy too soon only
to wish that they had taken another year or two to make up their minds. I wqould rent for at least
one or two years before buying anywhere.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I know both and they are like chalk and cheese!

Wang Nam Khiao is a beautiful area, often referred to as Thailand's little Switzerland but it's a long way from anywhere - I hour or so from Korat on a good run - and there isn't really much there. Obviously it has a seasonal (mainly Thai) tourist trade, resorts (some are blots on the landscape) and lots of tourists places (although not as many as neighbouring Khao Yai) and beautiful views, but not much else. It was a day trip for me when I was mainly living in Korat and I'd really had my fill of that after 18 months or so. I doubt you'll find too many farangs there or much of a 'farang' infrastructure to speak of. Plenty of clean, fresh air though!

Hua Hin has the sea and pretty much everything else a farang needs if wishing company, food types, hospitals etc and beautiful countryside, north south and west.

I've now bought in Hua Hin, so that tells you all you need to know about my preference.
Talk is cheap